Model Professional

Playing as Benfica.

I have a 16 year old regen midfielder who is a Model Professional personality.

But it's obvious that he's never going to be a big player, playing stats are pretty poor and the coaches are pretty convinced that he's only going to be worth unloading.

However, I like tutoring and it really helps the balance or my squad if they've all got the right attitude and personality, anything from Slack to Unambitious to Tempremental even Balanced I get tutored so they can improve their off the pitch mentality - thusfar it has worked really well for me and I have developed a lot of youth players well because of it.

Model Professionals are rather hard to come by, so I'm thinking about keeping him, giving him sporadic appearances to keep him happy, then when he's old enough use him as a mentor for unruley youth! But I'm not sure if it's worth the effort, even though his wages would be totally minimal, it'll be a fair few years before I can use him as a mentor and he would have to be classed as part of the first team squad to appear on the mentor list.

Any opinions/views? :)

From my holiday game experiment, Professionalism seems to be the most critical attribute in player development so you could definitely see it pay off if you have lots of promising players with room for improvement. The only question would be whether the young players would see him as good enough to be learning from.

As far as I know players just have to be on a rotation squad status or more to be tutors, I've had Gary Speed tutor my players because I put him on rotation even though he never played a game for me (fab tutor btw).

It would be worth keeping him, and trying to develop him like you would a normal youth player. If he turns out decentyou can use him as backup, if he doesn't he can get the odd apperance in the cups etc and tutor youth players. :)

Players do not need to have a status of rotation squad status or better to be tutors. I have players with hot prospect status operating as tutors as long they have a certain level of ability and around the age of 21 and above.

Model professionals are hard to come by and they are certainly worth the effort to keep as they do improve rather quickly and become good tutors (if they have reasonable ambition and determination). Having said that, on the other hand, young regens model professionals often come with other poor hidden stats (temperament, loyalty and ambition etc) so I prefer old real players who are model professionals but they are even much harder to find as you go further into the seasons.

Speaking of, I have a model professional in my team. He is a natural MC/AMC and 26yo. Now, I've also got a 18yo MC/AMC, also natural in both and he is fairly professional. Why in gods name am I not allowed to get the 26yo to tutor the 18yo?

After read your post Wen Jie, I thought maybe that the tutor had to low of a CA, so I got hold of an editor and checked, yes he had, so I changed it to 150 or something (the 18yo had 70 something), but still I cant get the tutoring going.

Any suggestions anyone?

Your only choice is to wait. Sometimes, the tutoring option just suddenly appear out of nowhere, so you have to occasionally go to your 18 year old player and wait for the 26 year old name to appear. In my observation, the refreshing period seems to be at the start of a new season. I've got M.Sakho to get tutored even though he was 23 years old and played 3 seasons of regular football for my team - that was a rare occasion when I was about to praise his recent form but chanced upon a tutoring option for him which I grabbed to up his determination.

Tutoring is still a mess after so many versions of FM, which is a real sad thing. At some instances, I even got mega tutors who get to tutor 10 players at a single go because the game somehow fails to recognise the players involved - A kind of system similar to group tuition, one tutor with many tutees.

Yeah it seems kinda rushed ;\ The 26yo appears on other players drop down list, but just not on my hottest prospect ;s Well, I'll probably just sell the younger AMC and find someone just as hot but with a better personality ;> Thanks anyway :)

It really depends - model professional or not, what matters is their ability.

And from my experience, professionalism is only one small part - ambition is the other sticking point. Ambitionless professionals never develop quickly. I'd sacrifice some professionalism to get a healthy ambition, for example.

Perfectionist is the ultimate personality, 20 for ambition, professionalism and determination. But I dont think players under 24 are displayed as perfectionists even with those stats, dont know why, but thats what I've seen when checking with Genie. Players with those stats and under the age of 24 (could be 23) are displayed as model professionals.

But seeing as the tutoring system is somewhat random it would be best just to get youngsters who are model professionals in the first place ;) They are a rarity though.

Yea, you cant get a GK to tutor a striker if thats what you're asking.

so the best players to be a tutor are those with high stats for ambition, professionalism and determination? anything else to take into account?

Loyalty and pressure stats are important as well but perhaps less so than the above 3.

I tend to observe higher loyalty players list your club as the favourite club faster. Also, they are less prone to be asking to be transfer listed due to unhappiness when not playing regularly.

Higher pressure stats can prevent the players from being dismayed by the lack of disharmony at the club and they will react well to press conferences if you mark them as key player of your team or the one to nullify your opponent's main threat.

Archived