Boardroom suggestions

Hi.

Here's a suggestion I was thinking of the other day. I was playing the game and when I asked my board to upgrade the youth facilities and stadium they agreed to. After all I generated £9.5m profit for them in my first season. However they did not ask how much I wanted to spend nor did they ask how much money I wanted kept behind for next seasons transfer kitty. In real life board members meet with the manager and discuss next years budget as well as funds for youth development etc. But that doesn't happen in this game. Would it therefore not make sense to have an option that where you ask your chairman to spend money on improving a certain aspect of the club he asks you how much you want to be spent on that particular thing and how much money you would like to be kept back for next years transfer budget.

This does seem like a good idea and part of what will hopefully be more meaningful interaction with the board instead of always just putting in requests.

What I would definitely like to see is more information on the board requests section for some requests. For example, if the board has already approved improvements to facilities I would like to have that put in the same section as where it tells you that the board will not consider contract requests. Instead, if I have forgotten whether or not I have asked them about facilities, they may get annoyed if they get asked too many times. Other restrictions I would like to get information about before getting rejected include numbers of feeder clubs in the same way that the board tells you whether or not you can request a parent club.

• Administrators

Well yes and no to the OP's suggestion. For example you can see Wenger being allowed to command such authority having such a close relationship with the board, or Fergie.

But a relatively new manager, 2-3 years into a job? Even if youth development and ground capacity needed improving, I doubt the board would listen too much to the manager.

Its all relative and I think some criteria needs to be established.

Good suggestion though, in theory and in some way I hope it gets in, if its sensible and keeps in tune with the manager aspects.

Other things that should be allowed is different kind of contracts - how about pay by performance or something - especially for the short-term challenge jobs (saving a club from relegation 6 games from end of season, perhaps?)

Other things that should be allowed is different kind of contracts - how about pay by performance or something - especially for the short-term challenge jobs (saving a club from relegation 6 games from end of season, perhaps?)

Please get back to your day-job, Mr. Shearer :p

I wouldnt say so much that you, the manager, get a choice of how much you would spend on a certain improvement. It would be more your opinion of what you would like/require out of it that would be more appropriate. The finances are best left to the board, well the details of finances anyway!

What you should be able to do is identify a list of transfer targets you would like, say £15 million worth of players, and approach the board saying these are the players i want/need, can i go get them? This happens in real life a lot apparently.

Archived