Greedy club owners

Im tired of going clubs that don't free up any money to buy players. Celtic and Hibs are a prime example. With hibs you make the club £10m profit after just 1-season, you sell all your best players and they give you a stinking £350k for transfers. What? Celtic you'd be lucky to get £3m. How an earth can you build a team with £350k from transfers. Also the board then cap how much money you get from sales.

An example:

I'm currently hibs, they had around £4.5m in the bank, which is a lot for hibs. They have around £4.5m in debts. After I just finished the first season which I did poorly, finishing 8th so I sold all my best players apart from Fletcher (because they underperformed) and generated a profit of £9.5m from those sales (which is a lot for those players). I shortlisted better players to bring in for only £5m. The board only gave me 40% from each sale and when I got to a balance of £12.5m they only raised it to 55%. So I have a transfer budget now of around £4m. Not too bad so before the season ended I had to quickly spend it so I luckily I bought my players I wanted and used up the money. I knew if I did not spend that money before the new season the board would have taken it for themselves and not given me a penny. But despite generating a lot of money for the club the board still only give me a crappy £350k in transfer money for the new season.

This happens a lot with clubs. It seems the chairmen do not want to give away any money to help the club progress.

It's the economic crisis...
What's the wage budget like comapred to what's being spent, and how do the wages balance out against gate receipts?

I'm 20k a week under my wage budget. Gate receipts are normal. I'm losing around £2m a year in total to keep the club running due to debt, and also the club is investing currently for an improved ground and youth facilities (not sure if this is taken into account for expenditure). When I enter into Europe this will even itself out. The board are looking at increasing the stadium. I'm hopeful if i can get the stadium to 20k I will be able to keep up with payments. Ive dramatically improved the squad. The board are pleased with my efforts. I'm currently 4th, just 10-points behind 3rd and 14-points behind 1st and 12 behind 2nd. Media prediction was 8th. The average age of the squad is just 19 so they ave done well and the future looks bright.

Some weeks I make a profit other weeks I make a lose for non-footballing costs what ever they might be. In total I loose around £2m a year in costs despite being way under budget. I'm not sure if this is because the club are investing in new facilities or not.

Heh... if you want a greedy chairman try mine for size, he's taken dividends of 60m, 80m and then 40m over the course of 3 seasons, he's never actually put a penny in and only got the club from the original chairman retiring lol. Basically each year and profit I make he comes along and gobbles it up. But yea you have to remember that partially you are in scotland, celtic earlier this season were saying they had been priced out of players like James Beattie after he joined stoke, and that deal was only 3.5m so it is quite reflective in some regards, if you struggled the season before it explains it almost entirely though. You don't get rewarded for a poor season with a better budget lol.

i had a really great save with rangers a couple of versions ago. i had the balance way above £20mill and was always winning the league and doing well in the championsleague (winning it one year) i got lucky with a couple of transfers and then at the end of the season all of europes best clubs would come and take my players. i would get a lot from the sales and boost my finances X3 but the board would never give me over £10 mill to spend. i reckon its cause with so much money you can buy the SPL. £10mill is more than enough to buy most of the players that actually want to come to you and you generally find that the wage budget just gets put up loads so you shouldnt have major problems getting your players on big long contracts.

I just had a look at my finances and despite me thinking I was loosing £2m a year I was actually making money:

I still have 6 games to go in the season.

Expenditure: http://www.box.net/shared/5gp7bh3xxv

Income: http://www.box.net/shared/vqf83t3fpp

Summary: http://www.box.net/shared/d6ivk0tzsm

Santy I agree with you but if the chairman wants the club to progress he needs to invest. I was give around £180k at the start of my first season. What am I supposed to buy with that.

Archived