Italy sack manager after world cup win

I have had this two tournaments running, once won Croatia won the World Cup, once with Italy winning the Euros. Both times it said sacked, but I assume it meant contract expired. The time Croatia won the World Cup, both finalists and the manager of the third placed team were all sacked according to their nation history.

The Italian manager's job came up in the summer of 2017 - 1 year before the world cup...which was going to be in Italy!

I was already manager of Spurs and Holland when they offered me it. I took it but I also moved to Inter Milan at the time.

At the World Cup I got to the final but got beat by Argentina - 1-0 - they've kept me on for qualification for the Euro's!

In answer to the thread question - yes...the job's do come up - the Italian one just one year before hosing the tournament (would THIS really happen?) - but they are rare to get them like I did!

I just want Stuart Pearce not to get the England job when Fabio Capello retires. It seems to happen every time in my saves :(

I'm only jealous.

I had Big Sam from 2010 to 2018, then Pearce got the job when I turned it down...

to bring it back to the topic

managers to get sacked after winning trophies

i remember the manager of inter milan (mancini i think) got sacked at the end of the season after winning italian cup and seria a because half way through the season he said he probably wasnt going to be at inter the following season...to which the fans and management above him disliked. despite the retraction of his statement and stating he wanted to stay they still followed through by removing him at the end of the season (now managed by jose mourinho)

to bring it back to the topic

managers to get sacked after winning trophies

i remember the manager of inter milan (mancini i think) got sacked at the end of the season after winning italian cup and seria a because half way through the season he said he probably wasnt going to be at inter the following season...to which the fans and management above him disliked. despite the retraction of his statement and stating he wanted to stay they still followed through by removing him at the end of the season (now managed by jose mourinho)

And a certain Fabio Capello was also sacked by Real Madrid even after guiding them tothe title.

This happened to the last England manager in my save, he won the WC then got sacked, I took over and lost in the quarter finals of the European championships and was not sacked, I quit and they asked me to reconsider (i'd already quite twice and reconsidered twice leading up to the championships). Might be a function of reputation which in my case was world class.

And a certain Fabio Capello was also sacked by Real Madrid even after guiding them tothe title.

Yeah, his no nonsense football style did not suit the team apparently.

Althought i dont think he put up much of a fight. One year seems to be enough for Capello in spain. On two occasions now he has gone there for a single season, won the title and then walked away without a fight

Archived