Does reading this forum....

Does reading this forum make you want to play FM?

Not just 09 but the classics like 07 or even CM if you went back to them? I find myself coming on here once or twice a day reading about problems, stories and achievements and it just makes me want to play the game. Even if im not in the mood or i'm playing something else I find myself turning it on and having a few games.

The if i have a bad run I come back and read about everyone elses problems and I get right back on the horse lol.

These forums often wind me up, but generally, they are fantastic and really get me into the mood to play Football Manager.

Especially the posts from: Heathxxx and SFraser which have made me really want to dive into Football Manager and get my game back underway.

Thats true, reading about the bugs could get you wound up. I see it as warning, look out for these things etc.

I read more than post so i dont get involved with the arguments etc but on the other hand this place has helped me out a lot with tactical guidence and all that.

It definitely makes me want to play the game, reading about people's wonderkids and achievements. I probably wouldn't play the game half as much if I wasn't hearing about what other people have done in their games :D

It definitely makes me want to play the game, reading about people's wonderkids and achievements. I probably wouldn't play the game half as much if I wasn't hearing about what other people have done in their games :D

Jad123? You have to be kidding me?

Anyhow, you make a great point.

If anything it turns me away from the game. All the bugs mentioned here - that you probably wouldn't even notice if you didn't visit the forums, are bound to get to most people I'm sure.

Have to agree with this. The stroy forums make me want to play Football Manager

You cannot request a change, the forum software does not allow this anymore, according to a couple of threads on OTF.

What a stange and freaky coincidence.

Will have to introduce him to Jod:p

And to the point, i have been put off by the mention and discovery of bugs, had I not joined the forums, i would be imagining that the game was faultless.

Also, my forum addiction has taken most of my FM time up, although i have started playing 08 recently:thup:

You cannot request a change, the forum software does not allow this anymore, according to a couple of threads on OTF.

What a stange and freaky coincidence.

Will have to introduce him to Jod:p

And to the point, i have been put off by the mention and discovery of bugs, had I not joined the forums, i would be imagining that the game was faultless.

Also, my forum addiction has taken most of my FM time up, although i have started playing 08 recently:thup:

pnefc22 used to be called robertlangman and had his name changed fairly recently, so I don't think that's true.

Jad123, then jld123 post in this thread. Then there's simon07 (spell simoN backwards and you'll know what I mean). Crazy stuff :D

i find that reading the data forums means that i cant start a new game until i feel everything is up to date and correct, even the smallest things make me stop edit them and then start a game. as soon as i get 6 months - 1 season in it doesnt matter because most of this has changed. problem is getting there. also the bugs as well.

pnefc22 used to be called robertlangman and had his name changed fairly recently, so I don't think that's true.

Jad123, then jld123 post in this thread. Then there's simon07 (spell simoN backwards and you'll know what I mean). Crazy stuff :D

Nomis changed his name?

If this is the case, I was wondering why i hadn't seen him post much recently.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=120421

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15&order=desc&page=2

those are the recent "changing username threads"

If anything it turns me away from the game. All the bugs mentioned here - that you probably wouldn't even notice if you didn't visit the forums, are bound to get to most people I'm sure.

What he said :thup:

The forums and each release of FM go hand in hand for me.

I wouldn't say they encourage me to revisit previous releases, because I always believe the latest release is the best, though there's nothing wrong with a little nostalgia and I've enjoyed playing each game, in their day.

As well as a great source of information about the game itself, any potential issues, overall there's an excellent community here and there's always plenty of superb discussions around. I like to share my thoughts, opinions and experiences with the game, but also enjoy reading about things others are trying, particularly in the T&T Forum. Since there's no "super" tactic these days ( a good thing IMO), I like to read about the infinate ways people are having success, even with polar opposite approaches to tactics.

I'm grateful for the feedback regarding posts I've made in the past, but also quite humble about them. They're opinions, just like anyone else might have and there are countless others who have contributed superbly to these forums over the years, far more than I.

When i was in the U.S last summer i had to stop coming on here as it would make me want to play FM, didnt realise how much i would miss it tbh!

And you couldn't get your hands on a copy of Worldwide Soccer Manager?

Perhaps he was on holiday for a few weeks and didn't bother taking it with him.

Anyone who takes computer games with them on a holiday is just sad tbh lol. I mean those abroad in the sun where just sitting still in one place is fun, not those where it could rain at any moment and you're trapped in the house/hotel all day lol.

well i could of but i didnt have a computer to play it on as i was travelling around, but i will be taking a laptop and FM next time im out of the country for months on end, at least it would chew up plenty of time on the airplane there and back!

Yeah this forum really makes me want to play football manager espicially when people post very intelligent posts like SFraser, Heathxxx, Arsenal_2111, HoPeY etc

I hope that you don't think just because you said that I'm going to say it back.

Cos I ain't.

;):D

Who paid you to say that TigerJoe? I bet arsenal_2111 did?

I've just realised that you bully me :/

Where am I?

Birmingham - that makes you ineligible. ;)

I have only used these forums since FM09 and when I browse them, I do want to play the game.

However, what has spoilt it slighty for me is all the talk of PA and CA - I always knew there were pre-determined stats, but reading about them makes the game a tad unrealistic for me. I mean, if I take over a team, I pretty much know the PA of the youth players isn't high enough for me to really try to nuture them, so I go for the known world beater youth players etc (if I'm playing with a big team)...similarily, if I am a small team, I pretty much know that none of my youth players will make it big, well, not the regens, but certainly the players already in the game.

Having said that, I still read the posts because I enjoy them!

What I need right now is a long term game to get really stuck in to!

Exactly what he said. Sometimes I wonder whether finding out the amount of bugs in the game via the forum is worth being here ;).

Name: R-Dizzle

Media Source: SIGames Forum

Personality: Enthusiastic

Relationship: None

Does reading this forum make you want to play FM?

• That's definitely true in my eyes :thup:
  • I reckon that is a reasonable thing to say
  • I am not going to comment on that
  • I don't really agree with that
  • I couldn't disagree more

:D

Archived