question on player position ratings

i've got a plyaer. his position on the top of his screen is AMLC.

he is accomplised as an ML/MC/AML/AMC

but when i go to his couch report page it rates him as two stars for both ML/AML and 4 stars for MC/AMC

is there anyway to get his rating for the left side up? or what training him specificly as a LM be pointless as he's already accomplished as one?

i dont really know about that. maybe it could be that playing at lm although he is accomplished he is only 2 star at that level in your league. either that or your other lms are a lot better than him. i dont know how you could get it to increase.

My only advice would to play him more frequently at ML and AML (depending on your tactics) to try and raise him from a 2 star rating. It also wouldn't hurt having him retrain to those positions either as I've managed to get player who was only accomplished at a certain position to become natural at that position. I know it takes up some of your training workload but it is only a small % so I always convince myself that it doesn't matter that much.

golfpunk is right. I did it with a LB(Joseph-Spain in lower ligues-3rd I guess), I was playing him LM becouse of good skills of cross ,dribling and first touch. He was natural lb and accomplished lm. I change it in natural lm , he even is better on that lm than lb becouse of traising skills of lm : Another method to raise him quick is to change the schedule of training : increase the ball control training , set pieces(for crossing ) and aerobical and decrease some others

would that actually raise his star rating for playing in that position thougH? or just make him more comfortable in that position? because you can have out and out strikers who are natural as strikers and play in the conference league but their rubbish if you bought them for a premiership side (1 star rating or whatever)

• 2 weeks later...

it is possible to raise his star , but not more then he had on his best position...Of course the star system differs from league to league...It is normal that a player from conference league to be a rubbish if you bought them for a premiership side as in real life

i've got a plyaer. his position on the top of his screen is AMLC.

he is accomplised as an ML/MC/AML/AMC

but when i go to his couch report page it rates him as two stars for both ML/AML and 4 stars for MC/AMC

is there anyway to get his rating for the left side up? or what training him specificly as a LM be pointless as he's already accomplished as one?

It basicly means whilst he can play on the left his attributes make him better suited to be a MC/AMC rather than a ML/AML. (It can also mean that the other left sided players you have in your squad are much better than your central midfielders, so in the middle he is one of your better players, but on the left you have better options).

Archived