Leagues as "playable" or "view only", much difference in performace?

Hi guys!

I usually play around 40 leagues from 17 countries(all as playable) and i think the game runs quite smoothly, wouldn't want it much slower though.

Now i wanna add more leagues as view only, does the view only leagues affect the performance much?

Are there any numbers for how much less performance the view only leagues need, for example: 3 view only = 1 playable or something like that.

Thanks!

This sort of thing has been asked many times before and it varies depending on your computer spec.

I don't really know too much about this sort of thing but if use the search function you should find plenty of info.

I didn't find anything interesting when searching...

"Are there any numbers for how much less performance the view only leagues need, for example: 3 view only = 1 playable or something like that." Does it take half, two thirds, 75%? That's what i'd like to know.

That formula shouldn't varie depending on your computer, if someone knows please tell me.

I did some experiments with 'view-only' leagues a while ago.

Here are some conclusions that you might be interested in:

- View-only doesn't appear to load any more players than not selecting that nation would. I am finding core players, i.e. the famous players, in most divisions with a high number of grey players. However, view-only can add more players from countries that are not usually considered ‘core’ or important enough to load their famous players.

- Using view-only might not really suit a game managing a lower league club because only well-known players are retained.

- View-only is really only, therefore, beneficial for those interested in the additional statistics, results and league tables, and for feeder clubs.

- View only is still a better alternative to not running any additional leagues as at least some stats are generated, which can be critical if that nation includes one of your feeder/parent teams and when buying players.

- For total immersion and for extra players, playable is the superior option.

In terms of how many you can load, I found that using view-only, it appears that, roughly speaking, you can basically load twice the amount of countries as you would in playable with the resulting save the same size and the processing occurring at about the same speed.

Whole thread is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60745&highlight=view-only

C.

Archived