Young players fulfilling PA

I'm a long-time reader of this forum but rarely write... I remember there being conversation a while back about how young players will almost never be able to fulfill their PA while at a human-managed club, whilst at an AI managed club they would do this always more successfully. I remember there being a heated conversation with experiments being done that came to this conclusion, but this was also before the 9.3 patch was released.

Anyhow I have just finished my first season managing Panathinaikos in 9.3 season and had brought in a lot of youngsters. I don't use FM Scout or other such tools, so I don't know the CA + PA of my players, but rely on scout/coach reports. I was wondering, as I am entering the second season, if this is still an issue?

For example, should I bother signing those 2 fantastic 17-year-olds who my scouts unanimously agree 'he will be better than current player x' or is it almost a certainty by the time he is 18/19 the coach reports would have changed their minds significantly, even if I put him on a good training regime, good 6* rated coaches, play him in certain senior games etc. In such cases, should you just track players, wait for them to improve a lot more at an AI club, and sign them when they are significantly older?

Thanks for your thoughts!

the youngsters i buy and stick in the reserves never fulfill their potential.

the best youngster ive got is by sending him out on loan for a year then putting him in the first team.

also it really annoys me. in fm06 there was a first option thing you could do in transfers. it was up to 4 years or something you pay a lump sum there an then and also agree a future price. and all the while they get to stay at their current clubs. and your also not obliged to purchase him if he doesnt develop.

SI PEOPLE! PLEASE READ AND ANSWER! WHY WAS FIRST OPTION TAKEN OUT?

Like Golaxi, I tend to find that my best young players show the most improvement with full-season loans out. Personally, I usually try to get them two seasons of competitive football on loan (assuming I'm a top EPL club), and then begin working them into my first team even if they aren't my best option available in the short-term.

the youngsters i buy and stick in the reserves never fulfill their potential.

the best youngster ive got is by sending him out on loan for a year then putting him in the first team.

also it really annoys me. in fm06 there was a first option thing you could do in transfers. it was up to 4 years or something you pay a lump sum there an then and also agree a future price. and all the while they get to stay at their current clubs. and your also not obliged to purchase him if he doesnt develop.

SI PEOPLE! PLEASE READ AND ANSWER! WHY WAS FIRST OPTION TAKEN OUT?

I don't think they are going to answer when you shout at them.

Its how you help them out, training, tutoring and being first team action that I find is the biggest factor but Im noticing a lot of players with bad attitudes that don't improve to near their PA. On one of my edited saves I use FMRTE to take note of players CAs and PA and how the increase is different per person. Determined/Professional youngster always reach near their PA if taken care of.

NOTE PLAYER NAMING.-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 22 year old on CA168 and he started playing more games due to Freekicks stat being 20. Each year he continues to improve into the high 170s, which I thought only happened to young players.

Also Akinfeev was 26 years old and on CA 178, being a first team starter and winning titles he has now reached his peak 184/185.

i signed a great french regen striker with the potential to be a leading premiership star and from his stats looked as if he was ready for first team football

because i had 4 good strikers anyway i sent him on loan to blackburn for a season (mainly so he'd be able to speak english by the time he returned)

he played brilliantly for them and scored around 20 goals

the next season i wanted to loan him out again and ac milan were the only team that came in for him

anyway, they have played him once and now hes in their resevres

his stats have worsened

so be careful when sending players out on loan, make sure they will play

Archived