Players that learn to be a Natural in their position?

I've tried a search to find info on this but to no avail. What is the criteria for this (becoming a natural)? Do the players need to have 19/20 for that position at the beginning of the game or do they just need to be Accomplished (or what)?

I don't know if anyone will actually know this unless they're a bit of an FM whizzkid.

You can't train someone to become natural, they have to be born with it.

–noun 32. any person or thing that is or is likely or certain to be very suitable to and successful in an endeavor without much training or difficulty.

You can't train someone to become natural, they have to be born with it.

–noun 32. any person or thing that is or is likely or certain to be very suitable to and successful in an endeavor without much training or difficulty.

Totally untrue.

In FM09, players can be trained to natural. It's pretty rare, and from my experience, it seems pretty random as to how it happens, but it's certainly possible.

A player can indeed pick up a new 'natural' position. It comes after many days of re-training and/or playing him in that position for a sustained period of time. I am not sure how much either contributes to him becoming 'natural' in that position, but I have had successful experiences with 3 different players so far in my game.

A player CAN become natural in a position, he needs to have high versatility and be played in that position. I have retrained Rooney to CM and he is now a natural. Yes it goes against the meaning of the word, consider it a metaphor for comfortable they are playing there.

Not many in the know then. I have trained AML Ochirosii to become natural at ML. Also Zuculini and Feghouli (both DM at the start) to CM. I assume they started with a rating of 19 out of 20 for the position they trained to be natural in. However I'm not sure and wondered what the criteria was?

Correction to that, Feghouli started as an AMC.

I've trained Veloso as DL (and now I have the best left back I could ever get cos his weak right foot hinders his performance in the middle but a weak weaker foot for side players makes them so much better with extra ability allocated for attributes), Giovinco as ML (as I play normal 4-4-2), Gago as MC, Messi as MR (he had 15 as his MR attribute) as their new natural positions. Since Giovinco is not a first team regular he lost his new natural position when he did not play for a few weeks. Other guys did not lose their new learned positions even they do not do new position training, just playing regularly that particular position seems to be enough to keep it as I don't suppose all of them to be highly versatile. And it's been over three years since Veloso is a natural DL, too.

One thing I've found out was when I bought Messi, he had a lot of appearences for AML and AMC positions in his positions screen (where we can see players' PPMs etc.). The previous season's values had not defaulted for some reason, so although I had played him as MR I guess that appearences at AMC and AML positions kept him from acquring MR as a natural position in that first season. But through the middle of the second season he got it when most of his appearences were shown as MR.

Archived