Lost faith in awards

What more do I need my players to do to get recognition?

(I'm managing Inter by the way).

europeawards.th.png

europeawards2.th.png

worldawards.th.png

Bear im mind also that in that calendar year I also won the Champions League (in which Ibrahimovic was the top-scorer) , finished 2nd in the league (where Ibrahimovic was also top-scorer), runner-up in the Italian Cup and won the World Club Championship.

I can understand your frustrations given your team won the Champions League and World Club Championship, but I believe that just as in real life, the rating of the league is taken into account. Spain and England normally ranks higher than Italy slightly, such as with the Coefficients ratings.

So although he may have done well in continental competition, how well he did domestically is scored upon the coefficient rating for the league, compared with the leagues the other players are playing in.

I believe that just as in real life, the rating of the league is taken into account. Spain and England normally ranks higher than Italy slightly, such as with the Coefficients ratings.

So although he may have done well in continental competition, how well he did domestically is scored upon the coefficient rating for the league, compared with the leagues the other players are playing in.

In-game Italy ranks on a par with Spain, regarding league reputation mate. And co-efficients obviously depends on what year the save is in, and how the teams have performed.

But, the main thing is these awards (other than the striker one, not sure there) that they're decided (or supposed to be) by the votes of journalists, not actually points or anything. That's why I don't put much value on them myself.

The awards have been messed up for years, especially manager awards. Basically it is impossible to win Manager of the Year unless you win the league or a couple of cups.

Pretty sure that David Moyes has won it once or twice IRL

I think the key factor is maybe Villa has a slightly higher reputation than Ibrahimovich and that's just giving him the edge. Certainly frustrating, but atleast he got runner-up/ third so has got some recognition. What version are you playing by the way?

• Administrators

It would also take into account how they performed on the International stage - how well did Zlatan play for Sweden and did they do anything in the 2010 World Cup? How did this compare to Spain?

There are many claims that awards are severely flawed, so can anyone provide any real examples we can look at? People often claim that their player should have got the award, but on looking at all the evidence this is not always the case.

If anyone is able to provide any examples of players unduly winning awards we will look at them for you. A blanket statement saying the awards are messed up isn't particularly helpful, nor is only providing information about players that didn't win. If people have any save games from before the awards are handed out incorrectly, we can track down what is happening and look at them for you.

As if Italy is any easier than the Premier League or Spain. I agree EPL is the top league at the moment for a number of reasons, but I am also in the mind set that the EPL is one of the most overrated leagues in the world as well, I agree it has huge following world wide for its passion, great attacking players and very very very RICH clubs, but outside the top billionaire clubs, the league is actually quite poor.

I believe anyone who rates equally in Italy, Spain and England should get the same recognition in Awards - I also want to add that I agree the German League is on a much lower level, seems every player there seems to score a gazzilion goals :D.

This is of course my opinion, being Italian, but feel free to shoot me down! :D

Awards are all a pile of tosh. Do you really think Ryan Giggs deserved his award?

I had Robinho won World Player of the Year in mine, despite being pretty rubbish for me at Man City.

In one way he deserved it, in one way he didn't. Though call.

I've only noticed some screw-up's with World Player-award when some guy did seven good games in European Championship and got a 8.2 avg rating there and then striking 6.5 avg rating on 30 or so games in club... :p

Archived