SI Forums Got Talent!

Welcome to the (what I think is) the first edition of SI Forums Got Talent! Based on the popular tv show Britain's Got Talent, which is in it's third series currently, you will either flop or be a success! Contestants on that show show off any ounce of talent they think they have. However, since we are only limited to use FM, this will be all about tactics.

What will happen:

• 10 users of this forum will sign up firstly

• I will be the England manager, and there will be seperate saves for each user.

• Each user will upload a different tactic for each match and will get to pick the squad for each match

After each match, users of the forum who are not in the competition will vote for who they think had the worse tactic after each match. The user with the most votes will be eliminated and this will carry on until we have a winner. Let the talent commence!

Please add your name to this if you wish to sign-up.

isn't this more of a 'who is the best at tactics' 'Challenge'. I know your looking to start a sign up, but as canvey!! said in a thread yesterday I don't think there are that many people in CSE are that interested in tactics. Although I'm prepared to be corrected if this proves a success and lots of people sign up :thup:

Guest mikeytwigge

just to give you a word of warning i ran a tactic sign up back in november and everyone stopped taking part early on

I was in something like this before and it was good before it failed because of lack of participation.

just to give you a word of warning i ran a tactic sign up back in november and everyone stopped taking part early on

I already mentioned it :D

Guest mikeytwigge

i wasnt saying don't gp fpr it give it a go its a great idea and people who have signed up may stick around. Good luck

I would like to take part.

I say that peter, me, spartan, Almondo and Pluckaduck are reliable.

I don't know about the others. I don't mean to offend any of the other people who have signed up but I just haven't noticed you on the forums or know who you are, so I couldn't really put you on the list.

Give it a go Cardio. If anyone drops out, then you can carry on with the reliable ones. As pne says, you've got five reliable ones there and it would be interesting to watch. Even though I'm pants on tactics ( I think its the reason I can't win away on dafuges challenge) I'd like to follow it and as you say, thats the point. I can't commit to it as I can't upload (well, not at moment) and it might be a committment I can't make. I'd be good to see you give it a try.

What will happen:

10 users of this forum will sign up firstly

I will be the England manager, and there will be seperate saves for each user.

Each user will upload a different tactic for each match and will get to pick the squad for each match

After each match, users of the forum who are not in the competition will vote for who they think had the worse tactic after each match. The user with the most votes will be eliminated and this will carry on until we have a winner. Let the talent commence!

Does this help?

Join and you will learn soon enough. And, it means we can get started :thup:

Right, so you keep all the saves, we all play the same matches on our saves with our tactics (but you emply it all for us) and votes go for best tactics right? And you put up screenshots?

LLR, sure you can play as well, but if OP only wants 10 saves, you can take my place.

Ok so we will got with it currently that I am in. :)

I think Major what will happen is that he has 11 saves, and we each upload a tactic for each game and he plays that game which then sends us onto the next game. Then we send a line-up and a tactic for the next one.

I was thinking about this and maybe it would be fairer to have one save, so save it before the game, play it with each tactic saving afterwards. Then as well as voting for the worst tactic they can also vote for which one you continue with, then using that save we each make a tactic for the next game and so on. I just think that might be a better way to do it as it will mean we each have the same base going into each round. (Really just a suggestion)

My second suggestion was that we aim at the World cup Final is the finale of the series, so maybe we just have some randomly decided non-elimination legs which result in extending it out so that the last game will be the WC Final :)

This does look fairly interesting.

LLR, the only thing I can see wrong is that one tactic per match isn't very fair if peter-evo has to face Andorra and pnefc has to face Czech Republic.

And your second suggestion is a possibilty, maybe I could leave out smaller nation games, yes?

Anyway, with 11 people (if they're willing), we can get started.

The deadline for uploading tactics and choosing the squad is Thursday 30th April.

SOME KEY INFORMATION

Your first match is a friendly against the Czech Republic.

Paul Robinson and Stewart Downing are definitely out, while Michael Owen and Owen Hargreaves are doubts.

If you choose someone who is injured, I will inform you.

No I think he meant you play the game 11 times on the one save, we vote on them, and then move along with the save that had the best tactic, so you don't have 11 different saves and we all have the same selections rather than 11 different saves where different people could be injured

Squad:

GK: David James

RB: Micah Richards

LB: Ashley Cole

CB: Rio Ferdinand

CB: John Terry

LCM: Frank Lampard

CM: Michael Carrick

RCM: Steven Gerrard

RW: Aaron Lennon

LW: Theo Walcott

ST: Wayne Rooney

Subs: Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, Wes Brown, David Beckham, Gareth Barry, Tom Huddlestone, Peter Crouch, Michael Owen (if fit)

I will be using this 4-3-3/4-5-1 and will aim to attack.

Basically, instead of running 11 separate games, you save just before the match, and play the match 11 times (saving after each time to a new file), then we vote on which tactic was the best and you pick one save (it could be the one that won, or any other) and go through with that one until the next game and repeat the process again

Archived