CA & Attributes

1. What are most important? CA or the attributes?

Sounds like a stupid question, but really - it isn't. I have an Ass.Man and plenty of scouts with 20 in judging CA/PA and they do sometimes say that players with rubbish attributes are much better than players with excellent attributes. And players with bad attributes plays usually well. Has someone tested which is most important? Do the game take the attributes in consideration or is it only CA that matters?

2. I have a few, young, players that have very good technical and physical attributes but very low psychical. The scout says that they're almost at their top. I know that some attributes are "free", which are that? Is it worth it to play with those players? Will their psychical stats rise even though their PA are almost filled?

1. What are most important? CA or the attributes?

Sounds like a stupid question, but really - it isn't. I have an Ass.Man and plenty of scouts with 20 in judging CA/PA and they do sometimes say that players with rubbish attributes are much better than players with excellent attributes. And players with bad attributes plays usually well. Has someone tested which is most important? Do the game take the attributes in consideration or is it only CA that matters?

2. I have a few, young, players that have very good technical and physical attributes but very low psychical. The scout says that they're almost at their top. I know that some attributes are "free", which are that? Is it worth it to play with those players? Will their psychical stats rise even though their PA are almost filled?

1. It's a mixture of both. If a player has low CA his stats won't get too high, so CA is important. But, primarily, you should look at their stats when deciding who to buy, sell or play. The reason your assistant manager could prefer the players with high attributes may be because they have high hidden stats. THings like ambition, big matches are all very important. To see these either use an in game editor or look in the Official Data Editor.

2. If their CA is almost as high as their PA it means they have little room for improvement, so I don't think you will be able to get their physical stats too high. Not sure about this one though.

1 - Attributes are what matters when it comes to the match engine.

2 - If their CA is pretty close to their CA, they won't be able to improve much overall. However, their attributes can be reassigned through training. For example, if you put someone on intensive shooting training, and no defensive training, their tackling might well go down, and their finishing go up.

For question one, another thing to consider is the 'footedness' of players. Two players of equal CA will have a significant difference in their stats if one is single-footed and the other is two-footed. Although they will still perform to a very similar level.

Question 1 is answered without any questions. Thanks! :)

Question 2: Some players have much better Psychical stats than their CA would allow. I'm talking about older players, they do almost always have good psychical stats, even those in lower leagues. Surely some or most of them must be free or stats that increases with experience?

I don't think any of the Physical stats are 'free' stats tbh. I'm not sure, but i don't think physical stats will really improve once a player is past their early twenties. The older players that have good physical stats may well be down to them being assigned these figures through the researchers. However with the younger players (especially newgens) these stats need to develop through in-game mechanisms which make them a little harder to acheive. So overall, if your young player has nearly filled his PA, i doubt he'll improve his physical stats very much at all.

Archived