So if Arsenal can do it......?

In FM09 Brazilians U18 kids can't be signed by Premiership sides. So what's this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1172133/Arsenal-set-beat-Real-Madrid-sign-Brazil-starlet-Wellington.html

Headline:

Arsenal set to beat Real Madrid to sign Brazil starlet Wellington

"Arsenal are reportedly in pole position to sign 16-year-old Brazil star Wellington.

...Despite coming through the ranks at Fluminense, he is not contracted to the club"

This looks like a legal loophole; how many U18s with aspirations to play in Europe don't sign contracts? How reasonable would it be to have high-quality S.American regens in a similar position? Can we see this in FM10? Please? :)

I never tried this!

Might have a go at getting some free Under 18 brazilians.

Although, tbf, if they are not contracted to a club, would that not mean that the club thought he was not good enough, resulting in his release from contract?

Not in Wellington's case. IIRC He's in FM09 at the beginning as a 15 year-old wonderkid. With these kids I'm asuming their agents advise them not to sign a contract so they can hit Europe, just like this one. I'm sure the club would love to contract them and then sell them at 18 for gazillions!

IRL you can sign players under 18 form any country but they can't play any official game. Pato (Milan) is a good example, they signed him when he was 17 and he played for the sub19 of Milan, only when he was 18 did he start playing for the first team.

IRL you can sign players under 18 form any country but they can't play any official game. Pato (Milan) is a good example, they signed him when he was 17 and he played for the sub19 of Milan, only when he was 18 did he start playing for the first team.

So in FM you should be able to do that. How about getting them to sign a pre-contract agreement to join on their 18th birthday? Would that be legal?

So in FM you should be able to do that. How about getting them to sign a pre-contract agreement to join on their 18th birthday? Would that be legal?

IIRC is that not what happened with the Da Silva twins when Man Utd signed them? They signed pre contract agreements to join on their 18th birthday. I agree we should be able to do this in FM.

Well in the game you can buy a 16 year old player and then he will come when he is 18. For example I normally sign Neymar, who in the start of the game is 16 but when you reach 2010 he is 18 and he signed for me.

I think we should be able to choose if they come right away and play for the youth squad or if they stay at their club until they are 18.

Well in the game you can buy a 16 year old player and then he will come when he is 18. For example I normally sign Neymar, who in the start of the game is 16 but when you reach 2010 he is 18 and he signed for me.

I think we should be able to choose if they come right away and play for the youth squad or if they stay at their club until they are 18.

Am I going senile? I thought that when I try to sign a Brazilian 15 year old, a box pops up saying I can't sign U18s :confused:

Archived