Do New Zealanders count as foreigners for English leagues?

I don't think the game creates regens who count as foreigners at the clubs they're regenerated at, although I could be wrong about this.

(Besides, I think the English league has no restrictions on the number of non-EU players who may play in any given match; the restriction is on their being signed in the first place.)

From my own efforts to create a San Marino Challenge within the English league structure with Luxembourg, I'm 90% sure about the following:

-You'll get NZ-only regens.

-You'll be subject to the work permit regulations of NZ, not England.

Really the difficulty will come when you attempt to sell any of your players; they likely won't qualify for a work permit and so are stuck being shipped off to the home country.

From my own efforts to create a San Marino Challenge within the English league structure with Luxembourg, I'm 90% sure about the following:

-You'll get NZ-only regens.

-You'll be subject to the work permit regulations of NZ, not England.

Really the difficulty will come when you attempt to sell any of your players; they likely won't qualify for a work permit and so are stuck being shipped off to the home country.

Bear in mind that you used an EU country for your replacement experiment. The results may be different with a non-EU country.

I have done something similar myself.

I moved melbourne knights to the croatian 2nd division (got promoted in first season), and all regens are Australian nationality, but since they were brought up at the club, they are not treated as foreigners.

ATM i have most of australias U-21's in my starting lineup :)

I have done something similar myself.

I moved melbourne knights to the croatian 2nd division (got promoted in first season), and all regens are Australian nationality, but since they were brought up at the club, they are not treated as foreigners.

ATM i have most of australias U-21's in my starting lineup :)

So in which country is your stadium? And do youths come through with dual citizenship?

So in which country is your stadium? And do youths come through with dual citizenship?

Left the stadium as-is (melbourne, australia)

All my regens come through as australian citizens with no second nationality. But as i said, the game/league doesnt treat them as foreigners because they were raised at the club. (If this wasnt the case, i wouldnt have made it a long term save)

Archived