The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs (as well as awful Puns)

The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs (as well as awful puns) - The Sign Up!

Hello and welcome to the opening post of the Inevitable Domination of Slovakian Football Clubs. This sign up has been about a month in the making (in terms of when the initial sign up was started) however it has been in my head for a long time. Around half-way through WW's Oceanic OOTP sign-up I dreamed up the idea of a European version. It would be different of course, I didn't want to do OOTP because I wanted to focus more on the domestic side of things. I thought that it would be interesting to see how the users of the forum would do as 'CEOs' of European Nations, and if their knowledge and expertees (yeah right) would be benefitial to some of the 'lesser' or 'mediocre' nations. The rest as you know, is history. This opening post will be mainly used to describe and explain how I will be posting the updates, no update will come tonight, the first will be hopefully released on Wednesday, however it will come out tomorrow if you're lucky.

How updates will be presented...

I've loaded the top division of all 20 'Mediocre' European Nations as 'view-only' with the first division of the English League loaded and I will use this as the 'playable' league. I will create an unemployed manager, and he will follow the European progress of our 60 (yes 60) mediocre clubs. I will most likely do 'monthly' updates, however obviously some months have more games than others. I will post the monthly 'points' in a 'WW Eurovision Striking Contest sort of format' with a league table in code (don't worry if you don't know what that is, it will become clear as the sign up begins). As far as 'screenshots' go, I will provide end of season updates on all of the 60 clubs Squads, I most likely wont bother with transfer screenshots due to the fact that a lot of leagues seem to have different Transfer windows which would be to confusing, so you will have to play it by ear and see what players the clubs have when you see the end of season squad screenshots. When I say end of season I mean the end of the English season, as not all of the leagues run on the same calender as the superior English. If there is anything else you would like to see in updates or feel would improve them, please post with your suggestions.

Reminder of the Point System...

100 Points - Bonus for winning the Champions League

40 Points - Bonus for finishing runner up in the Champions League

20 Points - Progression from a round in the Champions League *

10 Points - A win in the Champions League

6 Points - A draw in the Champions League

2 Points - As a bonus for every game played in the Champions League (increases by 1 point per round)

50 Points - Bonus for winning the Europa League

25 Points - Bonus for finishing runner up in the Europa League

10 Points - Progression from a round in the Europa League *

5 Points - A win in the Europa League

3 Points - A draw in the Europa League

1 Point - As a bonus for every game played in the Europa League (increases by 1 point per round)

* - Elimination from a Champions League round and then being placed in the Europa League does not count as progression from either Competition.

** - No points are to be given for teams that have players in who have won Champions League awards etc.

*** - No points are awarded for wins in the Euro Vase

**** - The 'European Places' have been unchanged from the original version, meaning if some of your teams aren't in the Champions League/Euro Cup/Euro Vase the first season this is why. This is because I wanted to create some sort of 'realism', as well as the fact it was a real pain to edit.

Reminder of the Teams...

1. Wales

CEO - NepentheZ

Manager - YNWALFC

Teams - TNS, Llanelli, Rhyl & Bangor City

2. Northern Ireland

CEO - spartans5

Manager - TaylorB

Teams - Linfield, Glentoran, Cliftonville & Ballymena United

3. Belarus

CEO - corinthiano

Manager - SJ234

Teams - BATE, Dinamo Minsk, MTZ-Ripo & Shakhter Soligorsk

4. Iceland

CEO - Robert_296

Manager - fergysafc

Teams - FH, Valur, KR & Keflavik

5. Ireland

CEO - weeeman27bob

Manager - blowcrapup

Teams - Bohemians, Cork City, Drogheda Utd & Derry City

6. Finland

CEO - rancer890

Manager - DanGLiverpool

Teams - Tampere Utd, HJK, FC Inter & TPS

7. Slovenia

CEO - pnefc22

Manager - JSalter

Teams - Domzale, Maribor, Gorica & Interblock

8. Croatia

CEO - canvey!!

Manager - hasdgfas

Teams - Dinamo, Hajduk, Rijeka & Slaven Belupo

9. Hungary

CEO - dafuge

Manager - Kenco

Teams - Debrecen, ZTE, Ujpest & MTK

10. Poland

CEO - Lower Leagues Rule

Manager - Strawberry_fields

Teams - Wisla, Legia, Lech & Polonia Warszawa

11. Slovakia

CEO - PaulHartman71

Manager - jack.browne

Teams - Zilinia, Slovan Bratislava, Artmedia & Trnava

12. Sweden

CEO - Whoopy D

Manager - <Ian> (I can't do the squiggly lines on my keyboard)

Teams - IFK Goteborg, AIK, Malmo FF & Helsingborg

13. Israel

CEO - mikeytwigge

Manager - d-machine

Teams - B.Jerusalem, M. Tel-Aviv, M. Haifa & H. Tel-Aviv

14. Serbia

CEO - Ridleys

Manager - 1690tommy1690

Teams - Red Star, Partizan, Vojodina & Borac

15. Austria

CEO - PluckaDuck

Manager - saint clark

Teams - Salzburg, Rapid Wien, Austria Wien & Sturm Graz

16. Denmark

CEO - tomsmith1989

Manager - super_lampard

Teams - FC Kobenhavn, Brondby, AaB & OB

17. Norway

CEO - DodgeeD

Manager - Ediocy

Teams - Rosenborg, Stabaek, Valerenga & Brann

18. Bulgaria

CEO - minisav

Manager - Chelsea4lyf

Teams - CSKA Sofia, Levski, Litex & Loko Sofia

19. Switzerland

CEO - Bermybhoy

Manager - fdawsoniv

Teams - Basel, Zurich, Grasshopper & Young Boys

20. Czech Republic

CEO - Tomaldinho

Manager - m12345666778

Teams - Sparta Prague, Slavia Prague, Mlada Boleslav & Slovan Liberec

-

Well, that's pretty much it from me. Any questions feel free to post them, otherwise good luck to all :thup: (except the Finns of course)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As previously stated your Nation will not receive any points for games played in the EURO Vase, however they will obviously have an effect on whether or not one of your Clubs makes it into the EURO Cup this season. As I've also previously stated, due to me deliberately keeping the European places the same from the original database, some Nations will have clubs in this seasons EURO Vase that aren't in the sign up, although this can be seen as a disadvantage, I'd just consider yourself unlucky and this little bonus to everyone else is only going to be available in this first season anyway.

EURO Vase

1st Round Aggregate Scores

Rhyl 1-4 Elfsborg - In an All-CSE tie, the Swedish came out on top. Despite only a 2-1 loss in Sweden, Rhyl lost 2-0 at home in the second leg, which meant that technically they were the first CSE team to be eliminated from European competition in this, the first season. Elfsborg however, are the first CSE side to go through to the 2nd Round of the EURO Vase, and are therefore one step closer to the EURO Cup!

Distillery 0-4 Shakhter Soligorsk - The side from Belarus took full advantage of facing a Northern Irish side that didn't reap the rewards of the sign up, winning 2-0 both home and away. Meaning that another CSE side was through to the second round of this competition!

Mika 0-8 Bohemians - You've heard of 'the luck of the Irish' but this Irish side certainly didn't need it as Bohemians romped to an 8-0 victory over Armenian opposition. A 6-0 thrashing in Ireland, follower by a comfortable 2-0 victory in Armenia, meant that a third CSE club was through to the second round.

Rijeka 2-5 TPS - Another all-CSE tie saw Croatian side Rijeka, taken on opposition from everyones favorite Country, Finland. Finland's TPS won 5-2 on aggregate, a 3-0 win in Finland followed up by a tight 2-2 draw in Croatia saw the Finns through to the next round. The Croatian side however, faced not only disappointment of defeat, but humiliation from a team full of very 'Bad Winners' at the end of the game.

Gorica 8-2 Jetysu - Slovenian side Gorica faced off with opposition from Kazakhstan in this game, and as you can see by the aggregate scoreline, it wasn't a very close couple of matches. After beating a team from 'The Greatest Country in the World' 3-0 in Kazakhstan, and then beating them 5-2 on Slovenian soil, I'm sure that many Slovenian Football fans would think the result of this tie was 'very nice' as a famous man from Kazakhstan would say.

Nations that had clubs in this round that aren't part of the sign up - Poland, Northern Ireland, Hungary, Iceland & Slovakia. The next update will come on the 13th of July after the Second Round of the EURO Vase. That update will be out within the next 2 hours fwiw.

EURO Vase, 2nd Round Aggregate Scores -

Bnei Sakhnin 4-2 Gorica - Slovenian side Gorica were knocked out by a side from Israel that haven't seen the benefits of our sign up, the Slovenian side going out after a 3-0 loss in Slovenia and then a 2-1 win in Israel.

OFK Beograd 1-3 TPS - The first CSE side to reach the third and final round of the EURO Vase was Finnish side TPS, the mighty arrogant Finnish club won 2-1 in Denmark after a close 1-0 win on home soil to see themselves through to the next round.

Riga 0-5 Grasshopper - This tie ran like clockwork for Swiss side Grasshopper, a 4-0 victory in Switzerland was followed up by a 1-0 win in Riga, to confirm entry into the third and final round.

Sturm Graz 2-3 Shakhter Soligorsk - In the first all-CSE tie of the round, Austrian side Sturm Graz were knocked out by Shakhter Soligorsk of Belarus. The tie was always a close one, and after Sturm Graz had won 2-1 in Belarus, Soligorsk won 2-0 in Austria to claim their place in the third round.

Celik 1-4 OB - OB of Denmark met opposition from Boznia & Herzegovina in this tie, and the Danish side came out on top by 4 goals to 1. After a tight 1-0 win in Denmark, the Danish side won 3-1 in their away game to make sure of their passage to the next round.

Elfsborg 5-2 Chernomorets (Burgas) - The Swedish side were always favorites against a non-CSE selected Bulgarian side, and they lived up to expectations as they won on aggregate with a 3 goal advantage.

Germinal Beerschot 3-4 Bohemians - After a 2-0 loss in Ireland, pressure was all over the Irish side to get the goods in Belgium. The luck of the Irish was definitely with them, as they won 4-1 to just book a place in the next round.

Trans 0-7 Rosenborg - Potentially one of the most well known teams in the sign up, Norway's Rosenborg were always going to be favorites against their Estonian opposition. After a 2-0 victory in Norway, Rosenborg destroyed Trans 5-0 in Estonia to confirm their deserved place in the next round.

Nations that had clubs in this round that aren't part of the sign up - Israel, Poland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Hungary and Bulgaria. Also, sorry if these updates are a bit boring, they will get more exciting when we've finished the EURO Vase and can actually get a points table going when our teams are playing in the EURO Cup and Champions Cup. The next update will be the final round of the EURO Vase, and if all goes to plan it should be released sometime tonight.

EURO Vase 3rd Round Aggregate Scores

Grasshopper 2-3 Deportivo - An unlucky Grasshopper side will be hopping out of European Competition this season after an unlucky 3-2 loss to Spanish side Deportivo. Grasshopper lost 1-0 in Deportivo, and then a 2-2 draw in Switzerland wasn't enough to progress.

Sivasspor 1-7 TPS - In what was perhaps a surprising result, Turkish side Sivasspor were absolutely hammered by TPS from Finland. After a 5-1 win in Finland, TPS won 2-0 in Turkey to make sure that they qualified for the EURO Cup. This was certainly a massive boost for Finland, and can only make them more cockier than usual.

Stuttgart 5-1 Bohemians - The luck of the Irish just wasn't with Bohemians as they crashed out of the competition to German heavyweights Stuttgart. After a 4-0 victory in Ireland, Stuttgart drew 1-1 with Bohemians in Germany, but despite that very good result it wasn't enough and the Irish side were well and truly beaten.

Elfsborg 2-4 OB - After a somewhat disappointing stalemate in Denmark, the two CSE sides met in Sweden and only one team would go through. After a game packed full with exciting action and drama, it was the Danish side that came out on top with a 2-goal margin win.

Rosenborg 3-3 Stade Rennais FC (away goals) - After a 2-2 draw in Norway, many were expecting Rosenborg to win in France and progress to the next round, however a tough game which ended 1-1 meant that the Norwegians were sent home, no longer in the competition.

Shakhter Soligorsk 2-9 Napoli - Really not a lot I can say about this one, the side from Belarus were well and truly beaten, and never showed any hope of being able to beat the side from Italy.

Teplice of Czech Republic were the only club from a CSE Nation that isn't in the competition to progress to the EURO Cup. Updates over EURO Cup and Champions League first rounds will be made tomorrow, however I hope to have a sample points table up tonight, to speed things up in tomorrows updates.

Grasshoppers were sure to win their tie against Riga.

The Swiss wonder, though, why TPS (Finland) and OFK Beograd (Serbia) played a game in Denmark?

The logos I have in the game on the Nation are quite small, you have to remember I replaced the '3 letter abbreviations' with CSE, so sometimes when the flags are fairly similar I might get a bit confused ;)

EURO Vase 3rd Round Aggregate Scores

Sivasspor 1-7 TPS - In what was perhaps a surprising result, Turkish side Sivasspor were absolutely hammered by TPS from Finland. After a 5-1 win in Finland, TPS won 2-0 in Turkey to make sure that they qualified for the EURO Cup. This was certainly a massive boost for Finland, and can only make them more cockier than usual.

Oh yeah, great job TPS. Now time to make some noise in the Euro Cup! :D :D

The logos I have in the game on the Nation are quite small, you have to remember I replaced the '3 letter abbreviations' with CSE, so sometimes when the flags are fairly similar I might get a bit confused ;)

Only reason I know is I looked them up when I played against them one time not long ago.

The Danish and Serbian flags aren't that similar. Actually they don't really look anything alike. But, given all the work you've done squeezing this project into your schedule, I'd say you're forgiven.

Just don't mess up with one of Swizterland's teams! We might . . . not sell you our hot chocolate mix anymore!

Teplice of Czech Republic were the only club from a CSE Nation that isn't in the competition to progress to the EURO Cup. Updates over EURO Cup and Champions League first rounds will be made tomorrow, however I hope to have a sample points table up tonight, to speed things up in tomorrows updates.

Already dominating this shizzle :cool:

5 teams in Europe, I see an all-Czech semi final line-up in the EURO Cup.

Archived