Weight and height

What do you think is the best combination about weight and height?i mean if a player has 1,85 cm what weight should have? if he has 83 kg it means he is a little fat....so he should have let's say 70 kg?what is your opinion about this?10x

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know height and weight have no bearing on a player's performance. So it doesn't really matter.

Yep.

Tall players tend to have higher jumping, but the height stat itself has no effect.

Yes I also read that height and jumping work together, as in a couple of extra inches is like +1 to jumping attributes versus a random opponent.

Weight I am not so sure of, certainly never heard anything convincing, but you would think it would have some impact on agility or strength calculations.

What do you think is the best combination about weight and height?i mean if a player has 1,85 cm what weight should have? if he has 83 kg it means he is a little fat....so he should have let's say 70 kg?what is your opinion about this?10x

1.85 is over 6foot? at 70kg that would be quite light. 83 would be standard for a footballer at that weight with a high enough muscle percentage

I assume that weight should affect pace and acceleration?

Nope. Or rather, any effects of weight are already included in the pace and acceleration attribute. So a fat person with P/A 19/19 will run as fast as a skinny one with 19/19 (but the fattie is much less likely to have those attributes)

even though it doesnt matter 85kg isnt fat at all, no pros are fat these days anyway but a normal person would have build taken into account aswell before deciding whether they are too heavy or not, for example me i am 190cm and 88kg but im not fat or too heavy as i play gk and am highly agile and neither are the other players at the same height and weight in my football team who play at centre back and up front and are very good aswell

no pros fat these days- you obviously havent seen Andy Reid:

http://www.catflapfootball.com/uploads/c0e489ca-988a-4c1a-81c8-5ea597b8c20d.jpg

height works for sure. I have a CB whos 190cm with 17jumping he scored 20 goals last season from set pieces. (hint set him to challenge keeper and set delivery to 6yard box)

I'm nearly 100% certain that has nothing to do with his height. Instead, it's about jumping, strength, aggression, heading and so on. And the fact that "Challenge Keeper" is a little overpowered...:p

Archived