Just this one player

Playing as Bognor - Blue Square South and one of my first signings was a Liverpool youth regect on a free.

At the time when I signed him his stats pawed any other strikers I had at the club, things have now moved on and he is now 4th choice which is fine as he is young and I can allow him to develop.

However my top striker broke his foot, second choice broke his leg and third choice tore his hamstring so I have had to start him more often than I would have liked.

The problem is that at the moment he can't hit a cows ass with a banjo.

Earlier in the season he scored 4 from 4 in the cup (same tactics) but has since gone 930 minuites since scoring.

I have tried everything, Biged him up in the media, rested, tactics, left sided, right sided and saying I have faith and no pressure etc. I even tried getting angry and telling the press that I was dissapointed etc. all to no avail.

So I thought i'd try a prefered move, he's got good flair and finishing but when I ask him to try and round the keeper he says that he doesn't think it will improve his game!

Grrr :mad:.

Before the injuries hit we were joint top scorers.

Any ideas? btw I have filled my loan quoter so thats not an option.

I've got the exact same problem with most of my Pyrford Rangers strikers. It's getting a bit stupid now and really putting me off my career save. It seems no matter what happens and what stats they have they just cannot score! (bet someone says it's my tactics!)

cheeky git hamilton162. I've gone from BSS won the league 2nd season, BSP - Promoted via Play-offs at 1st attempt, Now in L2 just going into my 3rd season in that league, cannot get any higher the 17th. Tried so many different things but to no avail

Doing my head in now.

Maybe pick up a couple of free strikers?

Blu Square South, so any free players are likely to fit the bill.

You dont have any strikers in reserve or youth you could bring into first team?

Hmm haven't tried. I am 1k over my wage budjet but that might not be a major prob I guess.

As for reserves He is a reserve player as is another injured player and I am already playing fith choice.

I gave best youth player 3 games and he was bad all 5-6 rating.

Hmm haven't tried. I am 1k over my wage budjet but that might not be a major prob I guess.

As for reserves He is a reserve player as is another injured player and I am already playing fith choice.

I gave best youth player 3 games and he was bad all 5-6 rating.

Wel if you dont want to increase your wage budget, then stick with yiour ex- liverpool player, and youth players, chances are, they will come good, I find that the youth players are not far off the ability of standard BSS/N players.

cheeky git hamilton162. I've gone from BSS won the league 2nd season, BSP - Promoted via Play-offs at 1st attempt, Now in L2 just going into my 3rd season in that league, cannot get any higher the 17th. Tried so many different things but to no avail

Doing my head in now.

Just a little joke Bucket :D

A message in my inbox saying that my fith choice is suffering from a virus so I had to send him home. He will miss at least my next 2 games.

Just played the first 1 and lost 2-1 to Thurrock. Played my striker again alongside my CB! niether scored though.

Ah well 1st choice is back in light training so should have him fit in 2-3 weeks just have to keep plodding along I guess.

But he's going straight back in the reserves. Just wish I new what was wrong.

sell him! and then get a better one when the transfer window opens. Believe me this will make you happy seeing some other club preferably a rival have him at a high price and him not score for them either :D

but you dont want to check up on him just incase he does start scoring blucket loads ;)

Over 17 hours of competitive football without scoring and......

He has torn his hamstring and is out for the rest of the season.

Now with 4 strikers out I have no choice but to bring in a free.

Good old Murphy's Law.

I bet that if you replayed that save, he'd score a hat-trick in your next game, too.

Loan someone in until your first choice is fit if you can.

As I said earlier I have already filled my loan quoter in a bid to appease the board with my wages. I have 6 and all play pretty regular lol.

My squad is only 20 players 1st team & reserves including loans and I have 6 injured (soon to be 5) 5 injuries are strikers inc. Broken foot, broken leg, two torn hamstrings and a virus.

Virus player is due back (fith choice) and Broken foot is due back in 2 weeks (ist choice)

Wage budget is 2k and I am currently at 3k

Youth players are worse than a pub team but I have to play them at the moment.

Sorry I didn't read that part of the OP. Try playing a non-forward up there for now. Have you got anyone with decent stats for a striker thst play elsewhere.

Sorry I didn't read that part of the OP. Try playing a non-forward up there for now. Have you got anyone with decent stats for a striker thst play elsewhere.

Played a CB up front twice now and last game played him on his own up there for 45mins :D

He has good heading but is yet to score. Youth team player was knackered so had no choice. Drew 0-0 and havent scored in 4 games now since Thurrock game.

Only 1 more to play and I should have 1 fit and 1 semi fit though now.

Also offered a p/t contract to a mediocer free that should sign for 75 pw.

The problem is that at the moment he can't hit a cows ass with a banjo.

My favorite phrase to describe a misfiring striker :D

Anyhow, given your lack of options and injury problems, have you any other players with suitable attributes that either have some existing positional ability as a striker, or could be retrained to at least "Accomplished"?

Retraining positions can produce some of the most wonderous results. There are people who've retrained Wayne Rooney as a central midfielder and Cristiano Ronaldo as a striker with superb effect. Ok, so you're Bognor, but surely you have someone retrainable?

My favorite phrase to describe a misfiring striker :D

Anyhow, given your lack of options and injury problems, have you any other players with suitable attributes that either have some existing positional ability as a striker, or could be retrained to at least "Accomplished"?

Retraining positions can produce some of the most wonderous results. There are people who've retrained Wayne Rooney as a central midfielder and Cristiano Ronaldo as a striker with superb effect. Ok, so you're Bognor, but surely you have someone retrainable?

Yeah this thread has evolved somewhat into problems with injuries rather than my striker that couldn't score as I have been playing since I started it.

But I am happy now as I just beat Braintree 0-2 with a brace from my winger who is now top scorer.

Two decent strikers back for my next game though now and 1 of them is fit enough to start so I should be ok.

Have slipped to 18th though but as long as I get no more injuries I should be ok till the end of the season.

Cheers for all the advice peeps :thup:

Archived