Idea for future FMs?

I was sitting in my economics class, pondering the future of my club, as I'm preparing to move on from Tottenham to a lower-league club after this season, having won essentially everything I can. One of my favorite players on the squad is a 21-year old English right midfielder, Danny Campbell, whose attributes make him similar to David Beckham, in my opinion. My coaches, however, say he is only a good Championship-level midfielder, with the potential to be a decent Premier League midfielder. Meaning, as soon as I leave, he won't start, as he does for my team (with great success, 7.15 rating last season, with 12 goals).

Given that, I think a great idea would be to be able to suggest a team/league for a player to move to. Campbell would be an unbelievable player in MLS, and I'd love for him to move there and watch his career as a star, rather than as a backup in England. I think that would be a great feature, and allow managers to be more in-touch with their players than they are in the game now.

That's just not realistic. If you were his manager you wouldn't recomend him to play for someone else and if you weren't it just wouldn't be realistic. You don't see managers IRL doing that. Anyway if you wanted to you could post this in the wishlist thread (thread for all ideas for FM10).

If you were to do this, then there would need to be other consequences such as Spurs becoming annoyed with you for persuading him to leave, putting you on there dislike list. I don't really think it would be a worthwhile feature tbh.

Also, why are you managing spurs when your username is extremely goonerish?

I was sitting in my economics class, pondering the future of my club...

You know, not only has FM been implicated in marriage breakdowns and inevitable divorce proceedings, but with statements like this, the next one will be blaming FM for the current worldwide economic crisis. Just imagine all those stockbrokers playing FM when they perhaps should have been keeping an eye on share prices...

;)

Well, if a manager is planning on moving on, or if a player wishes to leave and its mutual, then it would be realistic for a manager with worldly experience to recommend a place to go.

It's not really though. When does this ever happen?

The only time I ever recall something remotely like this is with Beckham and I cannot remember anyone actually telling him he should play in a certain league.

If you were to do this, then there would need to be other consequences such as Spurs becoming annoyed with you for persuading him to leave, putting you on there dislike list. I don't really think it would be a worthwhile feature tbh.

Also, why are you managing spurs when your username is extremely goonerish?

I started managing the US, guided them to the World Cup in 2010, and then applied and got the Spurs job. Arsenal's wasn't available.

Archived