Over-the-top transfer rumours *PLAYER NAMING*

I know there have been many mentions of the "Transfer Rumours" section sometimes throwing up wild leads and linking your club with players who are not even on your shortlist. However I have got to say this is the first time I have ever seen the rumour-mongers go beserk on me.

RumorGrindingOverdrive.jpg

Has anyone seen quite anything like this in their games too? Normally I would see between 1 to 3 players linked with my club, plenty of times it would be none. But 11 out of the 14 listed rumours all linked with me and none of these players are on my shortlist?! :confused:

What makes it slightly funnier is, I am not even planning to buy anyone over the close season as I have got a few home-grown youngsters waiting to be promoted into my main squad next season.

My current main squad is 24-man strong and none of them are leaving this summer. Neither do any of them have expiring contracts due this summer as well.

I am about to relinquish the premier league title to Liverpool on the last matchday though, so maybe this is the game's way of telling me to buy success for next season. :D

I dont know what you current squad is looking like, but this is how the media reckon your team will line up next season.

GK:pierre Ducasse ( a DMC actually)

DC:pablo

DC:zdenek Homolek

DC:manolis pappas

MR:jonas

ML:diego capel

MC:Rafael Carioca

MC:stewart downing

FC:gary glen

FC:Nikola Kalinic

FC:nicola chiappa

approximate cost : 90 million

well if youve got 90 million spare ;)

I dont know what you current squad is looking like, but this is how the media reckon your team will line up next season.

GK:pierre Ducasse ( a DMC actually)

DC:pablo

DC:zdenek Homolek

DC:manolis pappas

MR:jonas

ML:diego capel

MC:Rafael Carioca

MC:stewart downing

FC:gary glen

FC:Nikola Kalinic

FC:nicola chiappa

haha quality :D

GK: pierre Ducasse ( a DMC actually)

DC: pablo

DC: zdenek Homolek

DC: manolis pappas

MR: jonas

ML: diego capel

MC: Rafael Carioca

MC: stewart downing

FC: gary glen

FC: Nikola Kalinic

FC: nicola chiappa

Aww, if only there had been a goalkeeper amongst them! I do have the cash to spare too, my transfer budget this season was around £150 million, and I had only used £3 million on talented U18 players.

this normally happens to me as well when i sell some deadweight in the squad while adding no replacements. Did that happen to you as well?

Nope, I had noticed this occurrence immediately after the 37th matchday round of the season. And so there had been no changes to my squad prior to this, and as I said previously, there are not going to be any changes to my squad over the summer as well. I have not transfer-listed anyone, nor is anyone's contract about to expire.

The one solid reason I could think up of was that it was because I had not spent much of my huge transfer budget that the game went crazy with the links as the transfer window was drawing closer.

A week has now passed in the game and guess what? New names! :D

RumorGrindingOverdrive2.jpg

Man, I know the feeling. Always linked with useless turds. Just gotta deal with the pressure

Oh I am not at all annoyed with all these links. I am finding it hilarious to say the least! :D

Archived