Sorry si i'm just not hooked anymore!

I was extremely addicted to Football Manager 2008 to a point where I was thinking about results and different transfer targets etc etc when i wasn't playing the game throughout each day. I couldn't wait till the release of FM 2009 but after playing about 3/4's of a season I felt like I couldn't be asked to play anymore. I really want to get back into the habit of playing this great game but its just not hooking me in.

Any suggestions?

For me its all about taking on a massive challenge...eg. Dafuge's challenge would be perfect. Something you can really get your teeth stuck into.

Perhaps that will make you care again?!

Whats Dafuge's challenge???????

I've only ever had the one game on FM09. When I get bored of managing my current team (normally because I've achieved all I can) I move on. I have 8 leagues selected so I can move countries easily.

I go through cycles, though, so sometimes I'll not play FM in 3 or 4 weeks, then I'll just turn it on one day, play for a couple of hours and be right back into it. Pre-FM09 the most enjoyable games I've had have always been multiplayer games, but not had one in FM09.

I'm not playing anymore (even though I frequent the forums). I just keep playing Hearts of Iron - Armageddon as the evil Germans! :D

Nor do I beta test the live version anymore either.

Despite being addicted since CM2 its just not the same anymore and SI just do not listen so from now on they don't get my £25 per year ;)

I'm sure it won't bother them in the slightest :D

• SI Staff
and SI just do not listen

I think that is possibly one of the most unfair accusations towards SI I have read in these forums in some time.

We spend loads of time in these forums, but cant reply to everyone, and whatsmore, cant agree with everyone.

I think that is possibly one of the most unfair accusations towards SI I have read in these forums in some time.

We spend loads of time in these forums, but cant reply to everyone, and whatsmore, cant agree with everyone.

Maybe it is unfair to say SI don't listen as we know they monitor these forums all the time, but the way the game is going does give the impression that they don't listen. Once this game had a hold of you in that you just had to play one more match. I honesly thought i couldn't shake that... but i have now. For the first in umpteenth years i didn't buy FM and i don't miss it. It just isn't for me anymore. Now i wonder where i ever got the time to play it!

Maybe it is unfair to say SI don't listen as we know they monitor these forums all the time, but the way the game is going does give the impression that they don't listen. Once this game had a hold of you in that you just had to play one more match. I honesly thought i couldn't shake that... but i have now. For the first in umpteenth years i didn't buy FM and i don't miss it. It just isn't for me anymore. Now i wonder where i ever got the time to play it!

Ever think the "problem" may not be with SI but with yourself then?

I mean, there´s obviously a lot of us who still have the "just one more game" feeling.

Ever think the "problem" may not be with SI but with yourself then?

I mean, there´s obviously a lot of us who still have the "just one more game" feeling.

It's all about 'Opinions' mate. You have your opinion which you rightfully aired, i did with mine too.

Stephanie McMahons Secret Lover is right in saying that they (SI) won't be botherd is right, can't see them being bothered about losing me either. In fact there are quite a few moaners on here that they'd probably be quite happy to see the back off, BUT losing our money is something else. For a couple of years now people have been saying they arn't going to buy the next version but still do. However i think FM09 finally persuaded people that it's not going to change. IMHO i believe that sales will fall and maybe them SI will listen more than they do now.

I think that FM at it's best was about transfers and matches - all these other things like teamtals, press conferences etc are gimmicks that end up tedious and kill the fun.

I'm not playing anymore (even though I frequent the forums). I just keep playing Hearts of Iron - Armageddon as the evil Germans! :D

Nor do I beta test the live version anymore either.

Despite being addicted since CM2 its just not the same anymore and SI just do not listen so from now on they don't get my £25 per year ;)

I'm sure it won't bother them in the slightest :D

My biggest concern about this post is that someone with 10199 Posts behind them (and over the years I can vouch that there was some good pro-FM stuff in these!) has now decided the game is not their taste anymore. Some will say that with age some players will move on but having started playing CM aged 33 (11 years ago!) I am still hooked to the "game" now.

I would hope SI would heed Stephmac's Post at least on that basis. I love FM09 but FM07, and FM08 to a lesser extent nearly turned me into a CM fan for life ! (I do mean CM0102 not later abominations under the same name).

• SI Staff

To be honest, if someone like Stephmac wants to beta test for us he is a shoe in, but in terms of guaranteeing him a game he is happy with? We cant do that.

One thing is for sure - these forums are invaluable to us. The money the game makes may well keep us in business but the feedback from here keeps us focused and informed on where and how we can try to improve things.

By only being restricted to 2D I haven't enjoyed the match engine as much. As bluebirds4life has said, the movement of my players in 2d isn't as smooth as it was on FM 08. I can't even enjoy watching my team score a goal due to the 'rigid' movements. That has been a big part towards pushing me away from the game!

• SI Staff

Guys,

What do you mean by "rigid" movements, or "2d tracking 3d moves"?

Do you mean that the graphics arent as smooth, or that the off ball movement is less intelligent?

Cheers,

Paul

Guys,

What do you mean by "rigid" movements, or "2d tracking 3d moves"?

Do you mean that the graphics arent as smooth, or that the off ball movement is less intelligent?

Cheers,

Paul

I have never played 3d myself but I assume that it is much smoother. When I say 'rigid' movements I mean that that the player movement and the ball is very stuttery (sp). It's as if players are moving from square to square if the pitch was like a grid

This really affects my match day experience in a very negative way

I have never played 3d myself but I assume that it is much smoother. When I say 'rigid' movements I mean that that the player movement and the ball is very stuttery (sp). It's as if players are moving from square to square if the pitch was like a grid

Sounds like your system is struggling.

• SI Staff

That is what I suspected. And were things better in FM2008? My guess is that you have a single core machine, yes?

Hopefully next year we can improve this. Can you PM me please?

TBH it doesn't happen all the time. There are mini 10 min periods where i can play 1 match and it will be fine but then it happens again

I have similar although not as bad as what yours sounds like.

I am able to view 3D although I have a dual core laptop, sometimes it stutters and other times its relatively smooth. When it stutters processor usage is around 80% for FM alone and smooth is around 40%. Don't know why it jumps though.

I have similar although not as bad as what yours sounds like.

I am able to view 3D although I have a dual core laptop, sometimes it stutters and other times its relatively smooth. When it stutters processor usage is around 80% for FM alone and smooth is around 40%. Don't know why it jumps though.

Im getting a similar problem now. I don't expect to stutter on low graphics when on an ATI Radeon 3470. I know it isn't the best card but the graphics aren't exacly Company of Heroes so it is becoming a problem for me. Strangely, only started happening about a month after I downloaded 9.3.0.

Archived