FM Genie Scout WORK with 8.0.2 patch

youle007

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrMoo123:

could people clarify this?

I don't want to installed 8.0.2 if it doesn't work for me as the beta version has been running ok so far </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It appears that:

1. You need to start a new game in 8.0.2 for it to work

However

2. If you save the game again, it doesn't seem to work thereafter.

icon_frown.gif

Better be carefull with the Beta version lads, it's own creator has mentioned it's full of bigs and flaws! So if you don't want to mess up your game, be a little bit more patient for the real version to come out!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joop:

Better be carefull with the Beta version lads, it's own creator has mentioned it's full of bigs and flaws! So if you don't want to mess up your game, be a little bit more patient for the real version to come out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mess with your game?? :S

As far as i know the SCOUT only searches for players, it opens your SAVED game but it doesnt MODIFY anything lool

Anyway works for me also :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joop:

Better be carefull with the Beta version lads, it's own creator has mentioned it's full of bigs and flaws! So if you don't want to mess up your game, be a little bit more patient for the real version to come out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rubbish. It has no interaction with the game, the bugs and flaws are issues with its stability, and the fact sometimes it simply doesn't work for any real reason.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeJebi:

Mess with your game?? :S

As far as i know the SCOUT only searches for players, it opens your SAVED game but it doesnt MODIFY anything lool

Anyway works for me also :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it does not modify and save the save game, it just reads it. So there would be no problems with it screwing up your save.

Haven't been on for a while looking for genie scout. Too late now anyway. I take it everyone now agrees he's totally full of it? 3rd December we hear its just finished, then nothing for over 2 months.

I stood up for the bloke a lot earlier on. He's a total joke. At least have the decency to tell us you're not making it rather than making us wait. I've had my game as Brazil manager waiting for the tool to see what my best team is, but thought he actually gave a toss. If he did we'd have been put out of our misery ages ago.

Sorry for the rant. It just ****es me off how I defended the bloke for so long for no reason at all.

He's a waste of space. I'm sure he did well enough off the banners on genie scout 2007 anyway, the amount of garbage about his mother theresa "I don't charge, but will milk advertisement to the hilt" approach has suckered everyone enough for the last few months.

gazzamark,

What you need to understand is that Genie is not a SI developer. He is a college student and programmed Scout for free for the past 2-3 versions.

So whatever he wants to do with it...commercialize, put bunch of ads, stop development or whatever...are his choice. We can only thank him for having allowed us to use his editor while lasted.

By the way, for those claiming that Genie Scout Beta build 83 works with 8.0.2...are you sure the game wouldn't start crashing after 1 season or so?

I mean in 8.0.1 the editor did WORK at the beginning of the game, then people start having Person Data Corrupted and other kinds of data.

You don't want to be too hasty in claiming that the editor is somehow compatible with 8.0.2...just yet.

I have tested everything with 8.02 patch, although the Scout is still able to read the information, as soon as the file gets large enough it will stop working again. Also If you load leagues as view only, the "club data" will be "corrupt" Anyway, don't expect Scout to work for a long period of time for anyone.

LOL mine is uncompressed, and at 135 MB it stopped working............make sure you are doing the conversion correctly too, the file shows up at KBs in your folder. I am telling you it will stop working, on a small database I ran a sim and got it to stick out for about 3 seasons. You will see it go down that is all I am saying it will stop working.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_bob:

Stop saying it's not working. The Scout works with saves larger than 100 mb and I finished 2 seasons and it's still working.

Just uncompressed your saved games and stop moaning. Works great! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps the reason some people are saying that it isn't working is because ...... IT ISN'T WORKING !

Maybe it is working for you and that's great, but most of us cannot get it to work after a short period of time.

So, enjoy it yourself if you can get it to work, but don't complain about other people making factual statements about their own findings with it in their game.

It worked for me as soon as a I started the game, but as soon as I saved the game again, it stopped working.

[p.s. I haven't seen anyone moan - except you moaning about other people moaning.]

yep I would have started over with Genie, but didn't really want to as I am 14 seasons into my game. That is why I did the test to see how long the game would run with genie still working. I got 3 seasons out of it with about 15 leagues (4 countries) running.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golynohana:

I resigned as manager, as peppe12 suggested, this didn't work for me, but then I retired, saved my game and this time fmscout loaded my game successfully!

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my english is bad icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunners 08:

is there a genie scout that works for v8.0?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The firts version that was released was for 8.0.1 but it may also work with 8.0.0

Archived