Just can't get anything from my left striker?

I've got to say I'm in a state of extreme bafflement (that even a word? :D). Basically the problem is I've ported my uber successful FM07 tactic into 09 and with great success once again.. but one noticable problem; My left sided striker NEVER plays well.. like ever!?

I'm current Man City, but it's a problem with anybody really. Not really a big issue in the lower league as one good striker can power you to the premiership, but not win the big ones. Currently I'm playing Robinho on the right and Adriano on the left. Rob scored 26 in 42, Adriano 1 in 19. Average ratings are Rob 7.16, Adriano is 6.52.

Now I'd be losing my temper at Adriano like I'm sure most are going to say "drop him" but even Robinho who got a 6 game trial on the left scored 0 and had an average of 6.68 while there. I've tried Carlos Vela & Sturridge who score now and then but still perform badly, Bellamy who earned himself a ticket to Aston Villa as a result (hadn't noticed it was the position) and well.. everyone.

I'd blame the tactic but the left forward has only ONE difference to the right side, it's a few notches more attacking. I tried it identical as the right side for 9 games with no improvement. I just don't get what is going on?

Adriano has a staggering ZERO assists. Vela has a few, but i just don't get why I can't get anything out of anybody on the left hand side, even when mirroring the right sided tactic and playing the successful right sided player there... it's just baffling. Any player on the left gets awful ratings and the fans hassle me for playing them.

MY FM09 campaign loves 2 up front.

You said you ported over an FM07 tactic - this shouldn't work. Maybe the left striker problem is part of a holistic issue - your whole tactic needs to be rethought to take the FM09 match engine into account. I'd suggest trying the TT&F formation that is the same as yours but tailored to FM09 and see if that cracks it.

Archived