The game wont even load for me on mac

The game wont even load at all-it keeps quitting due to unexpected error everytime i try to load it. I have uninstalledc and reinstalled it 3 times and yes deleted the files in the cache everytime.

Why wont the game work on my G4 powerbook? It's only 3 years old and I just updated it for java quicktime all the graphics. Do I need to download patch 9.3 before it even will load at all? What do I do. I posted this in technical bugs but have gotten no answer in 5 hours. Has anyone had the same problem and what did tyhey do?

• Administrators

Is this the entire game or just a particular save game? I would suggest downloading the 9.3 patch specific for the Mac and installing it, let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Is this the entire game or just a particular save game? I would suggest downloading the 9.3 patch specific for the Mac and installing it, let us know how you get on. Thanks.

FM 2008 worked fine, and yes it is the entire game

i just purchasedd FM 2009 and it wont load at all. I have never even got to the first screen so I had no chance to get a saved game sadly.

So you reckon 9.3 will fix up the game? If it doesnt is there a number to call? I cant find tech support and my computer doesnt have viruses and isnt incredibly old i have no idea why FM 09 wouldnt work when FM 08 does, and my java and graphics are just recently fully upgraded...UGG

• Administrators

Well what are your system specifications? You need to check and see whether your system is capable of running the game. There is a difference of power needed between FM08 and FM09 due to the new 3D match engine and other changes within the game. Let me know and hopefully I'll be able to advise.

thank you so much for the help

system specs

processer 1.g7 GHz PowerPC G4

Memory 1 GB DDR SDRAM

Model Name: PowerBook G4 15"

Model Identifier: PowerBook5,6

Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (1.2)

Processor Speed: 1.67 GHz

Number Of CPUs: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.9.1f1

Serial Number: W852128MSQ7

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Version: 1.0

I saw this in the F.A.Q. Sticky Thread click here to view

Is my PC good enough to run Football Manager 2009?

The minimum system specs are:

Mac:

The game is currently only being supported on Intel Mac's only, and the minimum requirements are - OSX 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon. 1GB RAM.

I'm not sure how up to date it is.

I think those processors are motorola not intel. This could be the problem. But to be honest i don't know for sure. The info might be out of date and They might support other chipsets now. Best wait for an answer from SI.

Archived