New signing(s) spoken langauge different from clubs nation

Has anyone got any firm ideas on what factors can help a foriegn speaking player settle into a team?

For instance, if you have other players in your team that already speak his language and or me (the manager) speak his language will that have a positive effect on how well and how long it takes him to settle into the club? Or is it solely down to is adapability rating?

Is there an actual formula (in effect) within the game that re-acts to players of the same nationality within a team and helps a new signing bond and settle (what are the modifiers? in addtition to playing regular football that can be coupled with and assist adaptability ratings). I doubt anyone will actually be able to say because they want wont to give away the hardwritten parts of the code

Reno, it's not an big arcane secret; you're thinking about the game in the wrong way. You'll see in other threads that SI are striving to get away from simplistic formulae solutions. In each new version of the game, but especially in FM09, the coding tries to 'see' players as unique individuals with unique personalities. Thus one 'formula' that works for one player may not for another. Thus there are lots of variables, some of which you can consider, others can only be determined through trial and error.

In this case, having two players from the same nation speaking a common language helps, but maybe they have contrasting personalities and hate each other! In order to eliminate that risk, you can use the player interaction option to ask the unhappy player to recommend a previous club or international teammate to sign - i.e. buy his mate. Nothing is guaranteed however, jut as in real life (i.e. football).

The real question is : until they become familiar ( basic level ) with a language, how do they understand and talk with teammates, stuff and manager ?

Do they simply gesticulate for months and months ? ...is there a translator ? How much is paid this translator ? Where I can spot him ? Who signed him ?

LOL

The real question is : until they become familiar ( basic level ) with a language, how do they understand and talk with teammates, stuff and manager ?

Do they simply gesticulate for months and months ? ...is there a translator ? How much is paid this translator ? Where I can spot him ? Who signed him ?

LOL

Ask 'Arry! Redknapp's comments about Pavlychenko and his interpretor are priceless! :D

Reno, it's not an big arcane secret; you're thinking about the game in the wrong way. You'll see in other threads that SI are striving to get away from simplistic formulae solutions. In each new version of the game, but especially in FM09, the coding tries to 'see' players as unique individuals with unique personalities. Thus one 'formula' that works for one player may not for another. Thus there are lots of variables, some of which you can consider, others can only be determined through trial and error.

In this case, having two players from the same nation speaking a common language helps, but maybe they have contrasting personalities and hate each other! In order to eliminate that risk, you can use the player interaction option to ask the unhappy player to recommend a previous club or international teammate to sign - i.e. buy his mate. Nothing is guaranteed however, jut as in real life (i.e. football).

I understand this completly i assue you. I was however looking for something concrete. As i speak my signings language but im wondering if there will be a direct corellation shown in game to address this (and thus wanted a complete answer as in 'yes, this is totally taken into account and has an effect'). As i havent progessed fair enough to see if this is the case in this instance

Worth digging out:

"Not speaking English is a problem. You've always got his interpreter running around the training ground. Sometimes you pass the ball through the middle and he chases it. And the interpreter is running alongside him and he gets in there and heads into the net!"

Harry Redknapp on the problems created by Roman Pavlyuchenko's lack of English."

Worth digging out:

"Not speaking English is a problem. You've always got his interpreter running around the training ground. Sometimes you pass the ball through the middle and he chases it. And the interpreter is running alongside him and he gets in there and heads into the net!"

Harry Redknapp on the problems created by Roman Pavlyuchenko's lack of English."

Classic! But you can see were im coming from :p

Archived