Home and Away

Im currently man. city and made the champions league final in my 2nd season. In my 3rd though my home and away from cant be any more different and im not sure what has changed.. 1st season finish 3rd on 78 points, 2nd season finish 4th on 70 points. at january ive played 19 games. 10 home games 9 wins and a draw. 9 away games 0 wins, 1 draw, 8 loses. Why? last year i didnt change tactics between home and away and playing the same tactics as last year but my away form is shocking. Can anyone explain why?

I think the balance towards home teams in game is tilted far too far! Its nigh on impossible to get a run going now, i know its my tactics but i cant be bothered to spend hours tweaking sliders (in the vain hope i may scrape a point) as i have other things to be doing and it is, after all, a game!

The AI doesn't adapt to your tactics, but they do adapt to your increasing reputation, and will take a different approach against you. I am doing fine away from with Man City in my 3rd season, in December and have only lost 2 in all comps, both were at home. I usually start every game with a balanced mentality, home or away, and change after about 10 minutes depending on how the game is going.

You should go to the tactics forum for more help, but in generall I would recommend playing more defensive and counter attack away.

I was having this problem managing Leicester City.

My solution was to change my style of play away from home from counter attacking to a short passing game, playing higher up the pitch, whilst keeping mentality the same. Our away form and performances improved immediately, and I won the title a year or two later.

I've struggled to get counter attacking working away from home on 9.3.0, although I've gained some good results using it at home.

Archived