Work permit turned down "can loan to other club in meantime"

Hello.

i recently got a feeder club in poland to loan players to who dont get work permits. Anyway i offered for lucho gonzalez and he accepted but its Aug 31 (night of the deadline) and his initial work permit got turned down. Instead of there being an "appeal" button like there was last deadline (or anytime), my only options are to sign him (it said "he will be unable to play for your team but you can loan him out in the meantime).

What do I do? I want to appeal the work permit per usual and then the deadline passes but I cn still sign him because the deadline for that particular player gets delayed until the work permit decision is made. I tried canceling my link with the polish feeder club but I cant till a year from now in fM time.

What do I do? And if I can't appeal the work permit how long before El Luchador Gonzalez can play for me? Anyone know?

Thank so you much for taking the time to help me. :~)

The bug is that i can't appeal the work permit now that i have a work permit feeder club.

Yes, but the reason you can't appeal, i expect, will be because the deadline will pass before the Work Permit decision can be made, therefore your only option being to sign him and loan him out to your feeder club.

Except I've had this situation at the deadline before and what happens is the deadline passes but the players you're waiting on work permits for, the offers you've given them don't get cancelled. you just wait for the work permit decision to be made on september 3rd or wahtever it is and then if it gets accepted the transfer goes through after the official deadline. it's like as long as you the player accepts your offer and you get it into fifa before hte the deadline, that means you made the deal before the deadline, so it's allowed to go through if player wins the work permit appeal after the deadline. That's why its a bug and i said this earlier.

Except I've had this situation at the deadline before and what happens is the deadline passes but the players you're waiting on work permits for, the offers you've given them don't get cancelled. you just wait for the work permit decision to be made on september 3rd or wahtever it is and then if it gets accepted the transfer goes through after the official deadline. it's like as long as you the player accepts your offer and you get it into fifa before hte the deadline, that means you made the deal before the deadline, so it's allowed to go through if player wins the work permit appeal after the deadline. That's why its a bug and i said this earlier.

The same happened IRL with Andrey Arshavin in all fairness.

• Administrators

In the game you cannot appeal for work permits on the last day of the transfer window. However I would suggest re-offering him a contract as he may get a work permit when he re-signs. Other than that you'll have to loan him out until he gets second nationality.

To be honest, in that circumstance you probably shouldn't have signed him!

Archived