Knocked out of Champion Cup with Man Utd, what do the board mean by this comment?

Under 'Confidence'...'Competitions'...'European Champions Cup Initial Expectations / Current Performance'...

...it says at the bottom 'However, they can understand why the team were knocked out by Chelsea'.

To me that sounds as if the board are showing sympathy, is this a good/bad comment?

Chelsea beat me in the Champions League Quarter final, i'm in my 1st season by the way.

Yeah, they are.

They are basically saying, although you were knocked out, it was to a good team.

Wow...thats a good thing, I was sweating because I thought i'd get the sack because the minimum expectation was to reach the final, 1st time i've come across that, also I had 2 of my best players unavailable... Yuri Zhirkov and Christian Zapata...maybe it was down to that which made the board decide?

you can also have the reverse. I was knocked out the cup as newcastle by some league 2 team and the board were distraught by the fact i was knocked out by such a lowly team and it did the rep of the club no good at all.

Thats good to see as in previous versions of FM i have had the following.....The board expects to reach the 5th round of the FA cup and i was beaten in the 3rd round by Man Utd (i was West Ham) and the odds were massivly against me when i played this side but when i lost the board were unhappy at me not reaching the 5th round.....glad it has been rectified to some extent.

Archived