Goalkeeper Tutoring?

Are there any special criteria applied when the game decides whether a goalkeeper can tutor another goalkeeper?

I ask because I have a regen keeper who's probably going to be the best in the world fairly soon; he's got ten caps and is England first-choice at 22 with a PA in the high 180's. The only wrinkle is that he's at Determination 14 and is 'Fairly Sporting'. I've bought a variety of high Determination veterans in to tutor him, but he never ever ever has the option available to be tutor. At first I thought it was a time at club thing, but I've got plenty of veterans at other position who start tutoring pretty immediately after signing, while this guy can't be tutored by guys who've been with the club for over a year :confused:

I agree with captain - you should have tutored him when he was in his teenage years if you knew how good he would be. But if he's going to be the best in the world as a GK, then his lack of determination will no be that big a problem.

Something I disagree with.

For me, determination is one of the most important stats for a keeper. If this is too low then he is likely to get disheartened by going a goal down, and likely to stop trying as hard. With a high determination stat he will keep going, even if he concedes a few.

But 14 isn't actually that bad. It isn't fab, but it's not bad.

Something I disagree with.

For me, determination is one of the most important stats for a keeper. If this is too low then he is likely to get disheartened by going a goal down, and likely to stop trying as hard. With a high determination stat he will keep going, even if he concedes a few.

But 14 isn't actually that bad. It isn't fab, but it's not bad.

I can see what your saying - but if he is the best in the world/going to be, then it isn't that big a worry.

It's worth saying he's a bought regen; I got him at 19 and he was first choice even then and wouldn't take tutoring, I guess at 22 it is too late though I'm sure I have had 20 and 21 year olds tutored. My understanding was that determination does have an affect on how quickly and how fully a player's CA reaches their PA, as do the hidden mental attributes (and Fairly Sporting doesn't suggest that those are especially brilliant)

Are there any special criteria applied when the game decides whether a goalkeeper can tutor another goalkeeper?

I ask because I have a regen keeper who's probably going to be the best in the world fairly soon; he's got ten caps and is England first-choice at 22 with a PA in the high 180's. The only wrinkle is that he's at Determination 14 and is 'Fairly Sporting'. I've bought a variety of high Determination veterans in to tutor him, but he never ever ever has the option available to be tutor. At first I thought it was a time at club thing, but I've got plenty of veterans at other position who start tutoring pretty immediately after signing, while this guy can't be tutored by guys who've been with the club for over a year :confused:

If he was 14 or 15...or 21 doesn't matter. The fact is that you can't tutor a player of PA=180. A player can be tutored just of a better player. How many Gk have much than 180 PA??? Very few. This is the first condition. And logically, I'm old, you're young.. What can I teach you iy u are better than me.. Even if I have some stuff beter than yours, overall you are better than me and you won't want to learn from me.. but at PA=180...you shoudn't think so much , but just be glad he exist and is at your tea,m

If he was 14 or 15...or 21 doesn't matter. The fact is that you can't tutor a player of PA=180. A player can be tutored just of a better player. How many Gk have much than 180 PA??? Very few. This is the first condition. And logically, I'm old, you're young.. What can I teach you iy u are better than me.. Even if I have some stuff beter than yours, overall you are better than me and you won't want to learn from me.. but at PA=180...you shoudn't think so much , but just be glad he exist and is at your tea,m

Thats not true

Archived