damn strikers

hi guys im bloody sick of my strikers no matter who i play up front their accuracy is a joke.. rooney, robinho, benzema, cardoza mileskyi ...... doesnt matter what formation tried them all, currently 442.... sick of strikers having 9 shots 1/ 2 on target and scoring 10,11,12 goals a season its a joke, any advice to get them scoring the always miss sitters every game plz plz plz

how can my tactics make my strikers miss sitters, there gettingchances i watch them in 2d skiing the ball from 1 0n 1's etc... so its not tactics but a fault in the game kiddo

Perhaps you're getting them into one-on-ones but at the wrong angle or distance?

It is your tactics because people here can get strikers scoring for fun.

There is no question that scoring strikers are tricky to guarantee. I quite like seeing goals come from elsewhere, but here are some tips for your guys.

1. One has to be there just to slap them in; no creative freedom, keep him on the last defender (ie high mentality, depends on your team settings) and don't let him pansy about with it.

2. Second striker dropping deep (no fwdruns, below half mentality) with plenty of through balls, and long shots if they are any good.

3. Encourage young strikers.

4. Keep playing the same players, and they will score. Don't drop people out of frustration...

5. Put one on the near post for your corners, maybe pick up an extra four or five in the net.

Now, a problem of my own; why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why, do 'world class' players run into the box, beat players, take it to the base line, and then, of all ridiculous things, try to beat a keeper from a 0 degree angle WHEN THERE IS AN UNMARKED TEAMMATE STANDING IN FRONT OF AN OPEN GOAL THREE YARDS AWAY!!!

Answer me that and i'll send you a cookie.

how can my tactics make my strikers miss sitters, there gettingchances i watch them in 2d skiing the ball from 1 0n 1's etc... so its not tactics but a fault in the game kiddo

Faulty logic - there are plenty of things you may be doing which, either tactically or motivationally, cause inaccuracy.

What I've noticed, in particular, is that when my strikers lose confidence, going on one of those long "450 minutes without a goal" type streaks, thats when they start missing sitters, etc.

When they're "on", though, they'll knock in 2 goals a game with similar tactics. So, inconsistency is my problem more than my tactics.

However, your tactics can exacerbate the problem by encouraging rushed half-chances, long shots, and one-timers. Each of those can score, but has a lower percentage; when your strikers miss, their confidence drops, making the next chance less likely to score. (Each miss also raises the goalie's confidence, making him more likely to make a save if your guy does hit the target.)

Tactically, I'd recommend reading Tactical Theorems and Frameworks, as it addresses very specifically the topic of creating quality chances vs creating a high number of shots on goal.

Motivationally, Wolfsong's Guide to Team Talks discusses team-talks, including tips for how to handle players on low confidence. Also, Communication and Psychological Warfare talks at length about the other media interactions you can use to help a player snap out of a funk, etc.

Good luck working your way past this, its really frustrating when its happening!!

Mate, one of the biggest things with strikers is their preferred moves. Those who shoot with power, ie rooney & cardozo generally are expected to hit the wonder goals, but those who can pick their spot are more consistent. It's the most crucial thing with strikers.

Archived