expiring contracts

What are exactly the rules for signing players who are on expiring contracts?

i notice at some countries you really have to wait till the contract is finished before you can make a offer to the player.

Man u have a player who contract is finishing at end of season but i cant make a free transfer offer for at end of season.

the date is 22 feb 2018 and his contract is finishing on 30.06.2018 so that shoudnt be a problem i think.

he is dutch.

so what could be the problem?

If they're playing for a team in the same country as you, you can only 'Bosman' them with 1 month to go :(

I think that's only the case when your trying to sign a player playing in the English leagues. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it all depends on the league rules as far as I know.

Joe has the right idea, but thats only in effect for English clubs. Foreign clubs in (most of) Europe can offer contracts to those in there own country...but in England you cant do that until one month before (so may 30th usually)

you cant offer anyone in england a contract till 30 days before the contract expires, if you are and english club you can still offer players from outside england a contract 6 months before it expires, thats why when your a lower league team your players always wait to see whats available to them before they sign!

Archived