Turning Professional

Hi Guys,

I am currently following Dafuges challenge and am currently leading the mighty FC United of Manchester in the Blue Square Premier in the third season.

The problem I'm having is that my players fitness is terrible, and as such I made the decision to appoint a fitness coach and turn my players full time. I now have agreed FT contracts with all players and staff, and am curious as to when a club will turn fully professional.

Am I right in thinking that you must be a professional club to participate in the league proper? (ie league 2) I hope to get promotion this year, so if that's the case then no problem, but if I fail, well, I might be screwed financially....

Does anyone know for sure about participating in L2?

I just secured 2 successive promotions with Farsley Celtic - the latter from BSP into the League, and in the summer the club turned professional.

I now have a whopping 8 coaches + Assistant Manager at the club, as opposed to the 1 + Assistant in the non-league system, so am looking forward to much better training regimes and improvement of both Senior & Youth players :)

Archived