New Stadium Question (Original, I think)

I know there's been tons of questions lately about new stadiums, but I think that this one is new and probably relevant to quite a few people's games.

I know that you need to have quite a bit of money in the bank to get a new stadium, but I'm wondering whether the fact that I have a sugar daddy will be taken into account when deciding whether I'll have one built or not? I mean, I only have £50mil in my balance, but I actually have like billions to spend. I'm just worried as to whether or not I'll have to build my balance up before I'll be able to get a stadium built.

Thanks in advance for any help.

thats an interesting question really, people say about the bank balance, but i had close to £1B when mine was built, yet it only cost £49M, so the hidden finances could be a factor. I dont really know the mechanics apart from the 4 well known factors: Bank Balance, Current Stadium Expansion & State, Club Stature, Luck.

Sorry i cant really help, but it is an interesting question, i hope someone that has more knowledge than me will answer this question.

Having a sugar daddy definitely makes a difference, I couldn't get a new stadium built at Liverpool despite having hundreds of millions saved in the bank and being debt free. So I decided to start a new game using the editor to give them a super rich sugar daddy just to see if it was possible to get a new stadium built with them. Didn't change anything else apart from removing their debts and the first time I asked to expand the stadium, instead of the usual "the council will never grant permission to expand the stadium" they said they agreed the club needed a bigger stadium and would look into it immediately.

My team's sugar daddy puts money into the club every month, but for the last few months of the season he was putting far more in that he normally would, causing our balance to rise dramatically. Over the summer this difference was then spent on a new 14,000 capacity stadium at a cost of approximately £10 million. It'll be a year before it's open, but in terms of my playing budget and the club's debt, it's as if the stadium is free.

I've noticed it also brings naming rights of something like £130,000 a season for thirty years which covers a huge amount of the cost anyhow.

So to answer the question briefly; your chairman can probably fund a stadium regardless of the club's finances.

Archived