Best Version Of FM To Play These Days?

Right im currently playing FM09, but i feel like a change, i have all the FM's but cant decide which one to install and start playing, however i only played Football Manager casually before 09 so never really delved into the game deeply so i dont know which ones best!.......

Which version is most fun/best to play for you? Any reasons why?

&& Can they be patched up to modern times?

Which is YOUR Favourite Football Manager

Pro's;

Con's;

Thanks people!

:thup:

Football Manager 2007

Pros: Very realistic match engine. Tactic building is not as hard and fiddly as Football Manager 2009. Overall look felt a lot cleaner.

Cons: Can't remember too many

There are data updates for Football Manager 2007 I believe

Do you know where i can get these updates?

CM4

Pros: Really enjoyable and fun, the match-day experience was by far the best i have ever seen on a manager sim, and it basically did the job for me.

Cons: Very slow on my PC, which annoyed me a bit, cant really remember many cons, it was a while ago!

Just seen i can buy it for the mac! I'm breaking into the bank! (My bank of course, and im not breaking in, ill just withdraw some money)

Football MAnager 07 also. it was probably the first management game I got addicted too, and I spent many joyful hours on it.

Pros: Simplicity, Smoothness and overall very enjoyable.

Cons: My disc is scratched so I cannot play it.

Football Manager 2007

Pros: Compared to 09, it's a lot lot lot faster and smoother to run on my 3 year old laptop. Great match engine, regen system was good, long term playability for career games is great. FM08 wasn't great for those points listed.

Cons: I love watching the 3D 09 has which 07 obviously lacks. I have a 2007/2008 patch but I don't think there's a more recent one so you feel a bit out of touch with the real world.

4BC, 4 years before the birth of christ then ;)

There was no Year 0 because they hadn't invented it when they made the Gregorian calendar. That, and they miscounted- historians think that Christ was probably born in 4BC, when Augustus called a census. And Christmas should probably be in the spring...

For some reason, I couldn't get that wonderkid to get past his thirtieth birthday without retiring...

CM 1887

This classic game made by si in 1887 is alot better than the trash made nowadays!

You know Orion Dean I really feel the 1900 centenary edition was better.
The version made in 4BC to celebrate the birth of Christ dwarves them all.

(FM07)

Nah, the best version was FM1066, it was the first edition which introduced foreign players to the English leagues. :thup::D

Interesting to see that nobody is going for FM08. I'm putting a vote in for that.

Thought after patch 8.2 it was excellent. Seem to remember that it was actually faster than FM07 as well.

FM07 brilliant also though. Had a terrific save in that, so will always have fond memories.

C.

FM 2020 :thup: Seriously? Tied between 05 & 09. 05 because it was the first I played a few seasons into. 09 because the same as 05 since then.

I was never keen on FM2020, ever since the introduction of the Goalie Hoverboard in 2015. Put the whole issue of Superkeepers in the shade.

;)

BSB was easy counter acted by minority report style boards making your tactics exactly how you wanted them :cool:

Yup, as designed by Ter's son who took over the skinning role at SI, although there was an issue where people took advantage of this and were able to change entire scores. This resulted in the rumours of the first "score changing bug" since CM4, although people soon realised the score changes were the result of deliberate misuse as opposed to program error.

There was no Year 0 because they hadn't invented it when they made the Gregorian calendar. That, and they miscounted- historians think that Christ was probably born in 4BC, when Augustus called a census. And Christmas should probably be in the spring...

For some reason, I couldn't get that wonderkid to get past his thirtieth birthday without retiring...

Well there you go, you learn something new everyday.

I loved 07, but loved 08 more.....though maybe I should try 07 again, as 08 is frustrating sometimes.....09 feels like a black hole sometimes, not because I get sucked in, but because afterwards any happiness I had is sucked into the game, never to be seen again.....and I have a headache

FM09 is far superior to the rest. 08 patched was good, but the terrible regens meant you could only play the first season. 07 is too long ago for me to remember, but i seem to recall it was decent.

Still prefer 09 though. Would never go back to a previous version, as i would miss the new features in the latest one

FM07 is the best, only downside is the diabolically long loading and saving time. But it's got the most balanced match engine and regen system.

Totally agree if you've had enough of 09.

Just out of interest, what bugged you about FM08 Wee Aja?

C.

You know what, C? I can't quite put my finger on it.... I just never got 'into it' as much as I did FM07. It just didn't 'feel right' if you know what I mean. Maybe I was just too hooked on FM07. I don't know, all I DO know is, FM07 was the last version I ENJOYED.

so 07 seems to be the most fun to play and enjoy your saves then ? i play 09 all the time and the best i have done was yesterday when i won the premiership with Man City and got too the Semi-Final of the Champions League but got put out by Liverpool :( lol.

signed Messi, Aguero, Gerrard and a few more TOP QUALITY players in 2 full seasons, got bored 3 games into the 3rd season as i always do :( so annoying

i cannot figure out good tactics etc by myself and rely on others to put links on here which i kinda feel doesn't mean i actually won the league with City on my own.

do you reckon i should buy 07 again and play that if i want more enjoyment out of fm ?

only thing is the players and match engine with circles running around

so . . should i really buy 07 and see how the enjoyment goes ? and a patch with the latest players transfers for 07 would be quality if i got it :)

cheers in advance ;)

so 07 seems to be the most fun to play and enjoy your saves then ? i play 09 all the time and the best i have done was yesterday when i won the premiership with Man City and got too the Semi-Final of the Champions League but got put out by Liverpool :( lol.

signed Messi' date=' Aguero, Gerrard and a few more TOP QUALITY players in 2 full seasons, got bored 3 games into the 3rd season as i always do :( so annoying

i cannot figure out good tactics etc by myself and rely on others to put links on here which i kinda feel doesn't mean i actually won the league with City on my own.

do you reckon i should buy 07 again and play that if i want more enjoyment out of fm ?

only thing is the players and match engine with circles running around

so . . should i really buy 07 and see how the enjoyment goes ? and a patch with the latest players transfers for 07 would be quality if i got it :)

cheers in advance ;)[/quote']

I'd stick with 09, try a lower league club. Although, I'm playing as Liverpool at the mo and I'm loving it - it's the first version of CM/FM to keep me hooked onto a big team EVER.

I'd stick with 09, try a lower league club. Although, I'm playing as Liverpool at the mo and I'm loving it - it's the first version of CM/FM to keep me hooked onto a big team EVER.

i don't know any players really of clubs lower than the Championship or even what clubs are best and worst from League 1 and 2 , so i wouldn't have any idea what kinda players or tactics to use

and i need to use other peoples tactics ( always use Sexy Football but change the formation and i score about 20-30 goals from corners a season ) its amazin :cool:

just can't stay on 1 save for more than 3 seasons :( see people going like 30 seaons and i can't even do 4, its depressing :thdn: so there really is no point if i start a new game every week :(

Archived