Player/Assistant Manager & Press Conference gripe.

I started the season Unemployed, and got the job at Braintree Town. I wanted to bring in my own assistant manager so I offered my current one Mutual Termination, but because he was a Player / Assistant Manager, he was able to reject this.

Not only has this left me stuck with an Assistant Manager that I don't want, but frequently when I attend Press Conferences I am asked "We hear you have offered mutual termination to one of your players, does Brad Quinton [Asst Man] have a future at Braintree?". Even though I clearly state that "Yes, he has a future" every time (Because he is a decent player), each time that they re-ask the question, they phrase it as though I'm offering him Mutual Termination every week.

I am now ¾ of the way through the season, and it's getting very annoying answering the same question over and over.

I imagine it will stop a the end of the season, have you tried offering him a new contract, player only, or possibly player/coach.

He has no interest in 'Player/Coach', and his wage demands for 'Player' are more than I am willing to pay. I'm just going to let him go when his contract expires at the end of Season 1.

A nice ability for FM10 would be to remove someone from Staff, but keep them as a Player - when you get a new Manager's job. Or at least something similar, but as effective.

And I know I am echoing lots of people who are finding the current Press Conference system tedious.

Update: Annoyingly he's just been ruled out for the last 2 months of the season with an injury. Though with me getting rid of him anyway at the end of the season - I suppose this has given me cause to release and replace him early.

I bet the fans will complain though, with him being a club 'Icon'. - lol

He is quite a good player at that level, I made him captain!

I kept him in also. He is a good passer of the ball and scored two extra time winners in the playoff final season 2.

He is best off in the reserves until that big game comes along but was no good in the conference. Damn I wish I kept my Braintree save.:(

If you could post in our bugs forum and upload a save game we can take a look at why the question is being repeated so often. Cheers. :thup:

I'm sorry but I've only just read this post, and my 3 rolling saves are past the point where I released him.

My assumption is yes, but is this a huge problem?

Archived