Profit with Man City

Im coming to the end of my second season with man city.

In my first season i won the league cup, UEFA cup and Premiership.

At the end of the season, my ground got upgraded to a 60,000 all seater.

Im now in my second season, 4 points above arsenal at the top of the league, won the league cup and in the quater final of the CL.

I know that with the ground, 50% of the gate recipts go to someone else, but ever since ive been playing with man city, ive never had a month where the club has made profit. Its always about £3-4m loss every month. I havent made massive signings either. Riquelme, (50k PW) Vagner Love. (80k PW) and a couple of others. I know Robinho is on 160k PW aswell.

Has anyone ever been built a new stadium with city, (the board are now telling me the council wont allow a new upgrade) or even had constant profit throughout a season? I would find it hard to win the league if i was to get rid of some of the high earners. Even players in my reserves are on like 50k PW and tried getting rid of them cheaply.

Any help is appreciated :)

Man. City have to pay rent to the council I believe - as they do not own their own stadium. But anyway, your owners are so rich that your transfer budgets will still be very high as they will probably keep pumping money into the club. I don't think making a loss at most months with Man. City is that big a worry.

I've just started my 4th season and I've finally overtaken the initial balance at the start of the game and sitting at the £200m mark. The first 2 seasons was a slow downward slope but after that my TV Revenue took a massive hike up (possibly because I won the league and champions league that year) and my Merchandising profits are increasing steadily as the game goes on.

Kill off any affiliates you don't really need and get yourself another Merchandising feeder, I only got Rochester in the USA, who aren't even in the MLS but it still seems to be making a pretty big difference along with the Shenhua one that was already there. The weird thing is that I was allowed to pick what type of feeder I wanted around my 2nd-3rd season but now I can't, although it may have something to do with cancelling too many domestic feeder clubs after that, as they are the only clubs the board keep finding for me.

Even though the club are rich I am still trying to make it profitable without taking into account selling players, I'm still not quite there yet, as last season I would have made a loss of £30m if it wasn't for selling players (made 14m in the end). I'm still getting told the council won't allow expansion so no chance of a new stadium yet, I think it may require having a lot more than £200m in the bank, but as long as you have 2 merchandising feeders, keep winning the trophies and resist blowing your transfer kitty all the time you should be fine in the long run to make it happen.

Cheers for the advice muncherdave.

I won the league in the end, got to semi's in CL and Man Utd finished the season in 6th, with liverpool 8th... Strange.

I think that once you've won the league with City then your options with players increases massively (like any club), but with their finances, you can more or less build a dream team.

Ive just spent £30m on a new LB from Madrid, and £500k for a youth player from Brazil.

Hopefully i can now win the league 3 years in a row!

Archived