in ten minutes im off to buy fm2007

why because im just really fustrated with the current version

i dont want to go on and on but i just carnt play 8.02 i just find it to unrealistic and very easy

ive tried playing 8.01 for the last few days and it got my blood boiling it seems not matter who i have up front i have 25 shots on goal and score just once

with the 8.02 i have 15 shots and score 5

so to an exstent i carnt play either and im sure im not the only one

dont get me wrong i appreciate everything si have done over the years but for me this has to be the worst release yet

so if anyone wants a free copy of fm2008 leave your details ant we can sort something out

well im off to get my new copy of fm2007 i know its late but i know my local tescos have a few copys for under a tenner

thanks

magnoliadave

why because im just really fustrated with the current version

i dont want to go on and on but i just carnt play 8.02 i just find it to unrealistic and very easy

ive tried playing 8.01 for the last few days and it got my blood boiling it seems not matter who i have up front i have 25 shots on goal and score just once

with the 8.02 i have 15 shots and score 5

so to an exstent i carnt play either and im sure im not the only one

dont get me wrong i appreciate everything si have done over the years but for me this has to be the worst release yet

so if anyone wants a free copy of fm2008 leave your details ant we can sort something out

well im off to get my new copy of fm2007 i know its late but i know my local tescos have a few copys for under a tenner

thanks

magnoliadave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

why didnt you keep your old version icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know big mistake i lent it to my bro 'another fan' and he lost it but i dont mind buying it again if fact i carnt wait lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Murrayzoster:

I Have Your Copy Of The Game icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok if you want i need to know the reasons why you would like it

i pursume you already have a copy wheres has i dont have a copy of fm2007 maybe we could sort something out

thanks magnoliadave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMdude:

Could be? Even though i lost my second and third games on 8.0.2 i enjoyed the more clinical way that the goals were scored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

please tell me more im interested to hear your theorys hears mine

you almost score in every match this being an high score

my defenders have turned into prolific goal scorers

my goal keeper cannot for the life of me keep a clean sheet

and when was the last time you seen an 0-0 draw

plus i played with man city when the patch first came and won the league first season no probs very very unrilastic

cheers

magnoliadave

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leagueob2.png

You tell me how many 'unrealistic' high scoring games there are in my first 12 or so league games then.....

Ok you might think a 4-1 win at home to Chelsea is abit much but nobody thought Man Utd would thump Arsenal 4-0 in the cup and that happened. Every other result there is completely realistic. Also, I have only scored 5 goals from corners this season and the team with the highest has 6 which is Blackburn. So why all the maoning mate? Huh?

Ive only played three games 8.0.2, I think maybe the scoring wasnt quite right in 8.0.0, 8.0.1 and has been tweeked... Also the need to implement the correct tactics enhanched? I think playing with one striker is enough in real life at times two greater and three greater than that hence more goals with two/three strikers.

I think you are being a bit overzealous in your complaints. Sure there have been some grumbles with this edition but SI have done a fantastic job with 8.0.2 and that is coming from a player who hadn't played for quite some time because he became very frustrated with the amount of goals.

Your comments about the differences between 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 suggest someone that is looking for something negative. I find it highly unlikely that you scored once from 25 shots in 8.0.1 and scored 5 from 15 in 8.0.2. Personally I have found it the other way round. In previous versions goals were easy to come by and since the last patch I have scored much less. That leads me to wonder if the problems are down to you. Have you started a new game with 8.0.2?

Go back to your brother and get your copy of 07 back. You can't be all that annoyed at SI if you are willing to pay for their game twice can you?

It's all well and good to make a critical assessment of a game that you are having issues with, but at least make that assessment border on truth and fact rather than over reaction.

The fact that you carnt spell can't doesn't help to any exstent. icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leagueob2.png

You tell me how many 'unrealistic' high scoring games there are in my first 12 or so league games then.....

Ok you might think a 4-1 win at home to Chelsea is abit much but nobody thought Man Utd would thump Arsenal 4-0 in the cup and that happened. Every other result there is completely realistic. Also, I have only scored 5 goals from corners this season and the team with the highest has 6 which is Blackburn. So why all the maoning mate? Huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You lost to some pretty odd teams there...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

I think you are being a bit overzealous in your complaints. Sure there have been some grumbles with this edition but SI have done a fantastic job with 8.0.2 and that is coming from a player who hadn't played for quite some time because he became very frustrated with the amount of goals.

theres aways one who seems to point out about spleeling if my spelling bothers you that much im sorry but to be yet another one who draws upon somones spelling is just imature so dont reply next time pal

The fact that you carnt spell can't doesn't help to any exstent. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As i stated before,i am yet to see someone complaining that 8.0.2 is hard.Unlike it was a case with 7.0.2,where there was at least 100+ of threads of people complaining of it.

And all the postings are showing that 8.0.2 AI is getting pummeled by human player, so i am not sure how much fun is crippled AI.Or even "improvement", oooo icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mlp071:

Np man, i had my copy of 07 in my desk and thats what i am playing now.

Hopefully 09 will actually go back to being simulation instead of becoming even more of the console arcade game, what 08 is at this moment.

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you want a free copy for yourself just let know fm 2008 that is??

didnt think so

cheers

magnoliadave icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kain:

You realise if you actually sold your copy of FM08 instead of giving it away for free, it would've paid for your copy of FM07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i now have both maybe ill give fm2008 to charity

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magnoliadave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

The fact that you carnt spell can't doesn't help to any exstent. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

theres aways one who seems to point out about spleeling if my spelling bothers you that much im sorry but to be yet another one who draws

upon somones spelling is just imature so dont reply next time pal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it was only meant to be humorous, hence the smiley and the italics.

Sorry if you carnt take a joke. icon_razz.gif

Yep joke.

As for your other comment, well I would have to disagree about my comments being useless. Boring maybe, but not useless. Useless would refer to them having no relevance to the question at hand, where as they form a structured critique of your concerns. Your complaints about the game are boring, and they are also useless because they lack any form of reasonable appraisal of FM. They are just a rant.

Did you answer my question? Did you start a new game with 8.0.2? There is another recent thread that pretty much shows that new games started with 8.0.2 are as SI intended; patched to a quality state.

Have fun with 07. I hope there's no niggles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magnoliadave:

theres aways one who seems to point out about spleeling if my spelling bothers you that much im sorry but to be yet another one who draws

upon somones spelling is just imature so dont reply next time pal </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it was only meant to be humorous, hence the smiley and the italics.

Sorry if you carnt take a joke. icon_razz.gif

Yep joke.

As for your other comment, well I would have to disagree about my comments being useless. Boring maybe, but not useless. Useless would refer to them having no relevance to the question at hand, where as they form a structured critique of your concerns. Your complaints about the game are boring, and they are also useless because they lack any form of reasonable appraisal of FM. They are just a rant.

Did you answer my question? Did you start a new game with 8.0.2? There is another recent thread that pretty much shows that new games started with 8.0.2 are as SI intended; patched to a quality state.

Have fun with 07. I hope there's no niggles.

ok maybe i was wrong to bite at you but i do have abit of trouble with my spelling and i some time find it hard to explain myseft but that doesnt mattar anymore in a way its my own fault im 27 and should be better at things

the answer to your question yes i have played 8.02 and didnt like it thats why i have brought fm2007 in fact ive just this second installed it so im gonna give it a blast

thanks

magnoliadave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Easily one of the worst threads I've read.

in my opinion, 8.0.2 has pretty much perfected the game, and apart from a few minor issues, I love this game.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the answer to your question yes i have played 8.02 and didnt like it thats why i have brought fm2007 in fact ive just this second installed it so im gonna give it a blast </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That wasn't his question. His question was 'have you started a new game with 8.0.2, because continuing a saved game form 8.0.1 into 8.0.2 can lead to a bug in which too many goals are scored'.

So, have you started a new game with 8.0.2?

Well I have to say 8.0.2 is the final version of FM08 and hence the 'perfect' version. As far as I have seen it is how the game should be. It feels realistic (as realistic as a computer game of the early 21st century could be - until we get holodecks) and it is enjoyable. There are niggles, for sure, but there were niggles with the final 'perfect' version of FM07.

I guess that is my overriding point. I don't really see any big negative differences between FM07 and this version of 08. Perhaps there are a few more goals in some instances, but the patch has really addressed this in my opinion. One thing (or a few things) that 08 does have over 07 is content. 07 didn't have facegen pics, it didn't have updates to commentary, it didn't have new tactical plays, it didn't have the improved transfer screens (which I find compact and concise)...and I could go on. FM07 also had a very unrealistic fitness situation that 08 has improved on.

I couple of weeks ago I came on this forum and asked whether the goals issue had improved. I wasn't impressed with FM any more and it had gotten to the point where I was convincing myself that it wasn't a good game, and was looking to play 07 (or even CM) again (though I didn't want to lose the new features of 08).

Then I realised that I hadn't downloaded the latest patch. I hadn't done all I could to view the game in it's full light. So I downloaded the patch and started a new game and now I want to be playing 24/7. I have to go out in half an hour or so but want to find a reason not to have to because the buzz for my latest game has just set in.

Make sure you have tried everything you can to find enjoyment in the game (even if that means taking a break for a month) because you sound like a passionate fan (anyone resorting to what was honestly a rant is passionate about the game - they wouldn't rant if they weren't). Start afresh with a clear mind; that is if you want to like FM08.

8.0.2 puts the fun factor back into the game.

8.0.0 and 8.0.1 seemed more like a struggle to find a tactic that could actually get you a win.

I'm actually enjoying 8.0.2 because my team actually pulls off wins. Although, I will admit, the 424 tactic is really driving me mad.

I have started a new game from 8.0.2 and I'm also seeing a lot of goals. In my first 15 games I think I've lost by 5 and 6 goals, and also won by 5 and 6 goals. This is playing a relatively defensive 4-4-2 or 3-5-2! I have serious problems keeping a clean sheet, but then I found FM2007 to be very difficult defensively as well, I ended up playing a flat back 5 on that version and doing pretty well.

Just finished my first season with 8.02, and I have seen nothing wrong at all.

No silly high scoring games, apart from the odd 5-0 pummelling of a weak team. Which is fair. Have had quite a few 1-0s and 1-1s. During the run-in, I found it tough to win matches, and found it very tough against the likes of Man U and Arsenal.

No silly scoring from corners - maybe 8 all season for me.

I even got a decent regen at the end of the season that my assistant says could be as good as Gerrard icon_smile.gif

If I was being truly picky, I could mention the many times the opposition manage 100% efficiency in front of goal, usually scoring with their only shot on target. But that has been something that has happened in most FM's in my experience, it certainly happened in FM2007. I certainly remember the "Valencia wont believe they've lost this!" comment. And Board seems a little funny - even though I wont the league they are still upset that I messed up in the cups (only made quarters). But that might be because of the way the summary is structured in that it has to present a negative. So hopefully that wont affect my game long-term.

But overall, for me 8.02 has made the game massively better. Thumbs up for SI for finally getting it right.

it just happens every now and again for me, ive scored a 100 goals all season, ive had a lot of 4-1 and 3-1 which isnt totatlly unrealistic. i lost 6-4 twice though

the AI in my league had 5-5 draws a couple of times but that was just 1 team, thats the lower league where high scores are expected really. in the higher legues all is normal about 60 goals is the top scored by a team.

the only odd thing with higher clubs was man u won 4-0 in their CL semi against arsenal then arsenal won the second leg 5-0.

i dont mind to be fair, sometimes its a bit unrealistic but at least its universal unlike when i used to have a lot more shots than any other tema and not score.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Murrayzoster:

I Have Your Copy Of The Game icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok if you want i need to know the reasons why you would like it

i pursume you already have a copy wheres has i dont have a copy of fm2007 maybe we could sort something out

thanks magnoliadave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Broke My Copy Of The Game.

Send An E-Mail To Murrayzoster@yahoo.co.uk and We Can Arrange Details

Seriously , how many of people that are defending this lousy patch played something else then top tier British (not just English) leagues?

From what i am seeing ,there is common pattern here:

- "I played top 1 or 2 tier British club" and won everything."

- "Goals are fine , since i am averaging 2.8 for me and 0.7 against me " Now that's realistic icon13.gif

- One from other post -" Game is more consistent since i didn't get defeated with my team for first 100+ game ". That one really showed me how "awfully hard" is game in 08.

- "I only play with important highlights , and engine looks fine to me" How would you know ? You don't have extended or full game highlights, so validity of ME analysis is lost right there.

-"Patch is fine , i was undefeated with Liverpool whole season and it works great". I would say there is a major reason for another patch right there.

-"My Man .U(or any team) strikers scored 65 goals each in 51 game, plus my Defender scored 70" Yeah, that is so realistic, all of it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Try to play lowest Spanish , Portuguese, German or Turkish league and share your conclusions from that.If you show that games there are not with cricket results, goals scored by AI are result of some action not just random accidental shots and you actually have harder times wining , then you will have reasonable proof that this game is not actually flawed.

That is if you even manage to get season going due to some other glaring bugs , ex.registration or no players in teams.(no they are not fixed in 8.0.2)

The number of posts with games that are finishing 10:7 , 8:6 etc is quite big , and i am sure that SI is noticing that.

So it is realistic to say(knowing ) that they will change quite a bit in 09, since this is not Handball, Baseball or Cricket.

Till then people can play arcade autopilot version(08) or some other more balanced simulation (07, 06, etc...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The number of posts with games that are finishing 10:7 , 8:6 etc is quite big </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to intentionally defend SI etc, but I have never seen a game with that kind of score yet on 09, with any of the patches. Whilst I will admit it appears that many do, I for one along with many others have not. As for the different leagues, managed in Korea for a while, certainly a change from in England, and still no daft scorelines. So to sum up, it canot be a simple case of the game having issue.

Logic assumes and common sense (in gaming anyway) that if the game has a problem, we would all come across it...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mlp071:

Seriously , how many of people that are defending this lousy patch played something else then top tier British (not just English) leagues?

From what i am seeing ,there is common pattern here:

- "I played top 1 or 2 tier British club" and won everything."

- "Goals are fine , since i am averaging 2.8 for me and 0.7 against me " Now that's realistic icon13.gif

- One from other post -" Game is more consistent since i didn't get defeated with my team for first 100+ game ". That one really showed me how "awfully hard" is game in 08.

- "I only play with important highlights , and engine looks fine to me" How would you know ? You don't have extended or full game highlights, so validity of ME analysis is lost right there.

-"Patch is fine , i was undefeated with Liverpool whole season and it works great". I would say there is a major reason for another patch right there.

-"My Man .U(or any team) strikers scored 65 goals each in 51 game, plus my Defender scored 70" Yeah, that is so realistic, all of it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Try to play lowest Spanish , Portuguese, German or Turkish league and share your conclusions from that.If you show that games there are not with cricket results, goals scored by AI are result of some action not just random accidental shots and you actually have harder times wining , then you will have reasonable proof that this game is not actually flawed.

That is if you even manage to get season going due to some other glaring bugs , ex.registration or no players in teams.(no they are not fixed in 8.0.2)

The number of posts with games that are finishing 10:7 , 8:6 etc is quite big , and i am sure that SI is noticing that.

So it is realistic to say(knowing ) that they will change quite a bit in 09, since this is not Handball, Baseball or Cricket.

Till then people can play arcade autopilot version(08) or some other more balanced simulation (07, 06, etc...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you exaggerate and quote random garbage that no one has actually said then your post tends to get less recognition.

Bear that in mind for later.

Also bear in mind the fact that I have played teams lower than the top two tiers in Britain and I also have all the leagues in England running on highest detail. There are higher scores in the BSS but no higher than I would really expect to see and the numbers of goals is quite a bit less than pre-8.0.2 patch.

As for this glaring bug you mentioned whereby you have teams of no players, well I have seen that. It was in the 08 demo and I chose a small team from Brazil which had no players bar youth players. The reason for that was quite simple; I was playing with a small database and no extra players from Brazil loaded (because I had no choice not to).

Have you loaded extra players or increased database size when you have noticed this issue? There are limitations to any game so don't try to say that even on a small database all teams should have players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playboy77:

its the way forward mate fm 07 pis*** all ova fm 08 wise move icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had enough of text talk and poor grammar. Will people please try to write sentences, it's really not all that hard. This isn't Bebo.

Have you loaded extra players or increased database size when you have noticed this issue? There are limitations to any game so don't try to say that even on a small database all teams should have players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All available leagues loaded, with Large DB.All those players were present in 8.0.1 but none in 8.0.2.

Not to mention that they had players in other editions of the game.

All available leagues loaded, with Large DB.All those players were present in 8.0.1 but none in 8.0.2.

Not to mention that they had players in other editions of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since i can't edit: SI is aware of it and it is logged as a bug for them .

Archived