Finishing a season

What do you do when you finish a season?

Do you simply carry on playing, rubbing your hands at the thought of some fresh transfer kitty?

I often save the game and leave it until I feel like playing again. This is because of the dreaded 'second season' sydrome that has affected me so many times.

I always like to have a clear mind and fresh ideas. New season means new tactics etc

How do you go about avoiding second season syndrome? Is it a complete revamp of everything?

I completly understand what you mean. Every time I finish a season I'm stuck to get motivated to do it all again straight away. I'm playing as millwall and have just had a very successful season in the premiership season 2014/2015, and after all the effort to try and get great results it can be a bit daunting to start another 100 hours of playing for the next season :) usually, as I'm currently am now, I leave it for a few days and wait for the fm hunger bug to start biting again :D

In terms of avoiding second season syndrome, either have a crap first season or make a big deal out of friendlies by putting some big ties in there to challenge yaself. Also planning a player transfer before the end of your season gives ya something to look forward to during the summer :)

I'll save my game leave it for a few hours then start up a new league until I start to miss the save that I was previously playing then go back to it.

At the moment I have 3 save games: My long term Manfredonia game, a game with Knicz Pruszkow from Poland and a recently started game with Atletico Mineiro from Brazil.

Manfredonia is always the game I go back to when I cant find the motivation with my other saves

What on earth do you mean by transfer kitty, I fully expect to be given £0 to spend again. I just hope for a wage budget above £1200 p/w because that was really tight and I won't be able to hold onto my better players with that, life in the Malaysian super league is so cheap.

The only time it gets tough to start the new seasons is when you've won the damn league 10 times in a row and just playing on to get some continental success.

Once the season is over, I assess my reserves to see who will be earning promotion to the main squad, who will be going away on loan for the next season, and who will be let go during the off-season.

I rarely buy players other than talented youth prospects nowadays, so the above is pretty much all I have to do to get ready for the new season. :thup:

Oh, and if there is a major international tournament being conducted in that particular off-season, I would try to watch all the matches I can. I do not manage any international side, but I still find it exciting to play the part of spectator in such tournaments.

well i played my first season as FCUM and i completely revamped the team with an entirely new squad...then before the second season i did the exact same thing but i signed everyone to 2 year contracts because i think they will do well if i manage to get promoted to league 2 :D

First season is always the worst.

I like 2nd/3rd/4th seasons because thats where you start to build your own youth team!

Also, I find that the transfer budgets that you recieve at the start of the game quite a lot of the time don't reflect the transfer budgets that you're likely to get in the following seasons.

haha I agree with Captain Planet. Only one season and your questioning about continuing? I love long career games so this doesn't bother me at all. It's great getting a young regen in and watching him develop over the years and become a club icon.

You feel like giving up after one season?

I get to about my 40th season before I start to feel like a new challenge...

You've misunderstood. I always continue, but hardly ever straight away. I normally switch the game off for a few hours or days before starting the new season.

I like the Summer because you can look at your Reserve side and see who should come up, Deadwood and new players in the Positions you need. As Blackburn in the first season i got 2m for avoiding relegation but this season i got 8m for doing the same! The 1st season is just you getting used to the Squad and looking for what Position needs replacing and who goes next season imo.

Archived