How many matches can a player last?

Started a game in the Russian League, which runs from March until November.

I'm cruising the league at the moment, in the middle of August.

The thing is, the Champions League starts near the end of the league season, should I start resting players in preparation, or will they be able to last 50+ games if they have enough rest inbetween?

It really depends on how far ahead your team are in the league if you think you could win it with younger players then its iddeal to rest your players if not thn just use ur 1st team and when you have won the league then you can rest them and use the youth before the cl

I really do recommend rotating your team, not only because of fatigue and injuries, but to aid progression of you squad and fringe players, like this when they have done some progress on their stats, it wont be so much of a big deal to give them a game since they will be better players and in much better shape making the idea of rotating your team even more appealing.

Rotating is the best way. For me the only player who should play every game (except perhaps cup games against lower league opposition or injuries/suspensions) is the keeper. Generally I try and have a good squad, complimented by a few youngsters, and pretty much try to get each position filled each game by those with the highest fitness level for that position, that way everyone gets games, they're generally all match fit all throughout the season, the youngsters can develop, and yeah, thats just the way i do it, so i'll end up say with a player for example starting 20-30 games a season, as well as a fair few sub appearances.

well i got 63-67 games from players like chiellini, robinho, srna and akinfeev in one season, got them on medium-heavy training and i play fast tempo and high cl osing down so it depends on the players

if they got good stamina, natural fitness, stay clear of injuries and have good morale then t here is no reason they cant play 50+ games per season...

well i got 63-67 games from players like chiellini, robinho, srna and akinfeev in one season, got them on medium-heavy training and i play fast tempo and high cl osing down so it depends on the players

if they got good stamina, natural fitness, stay clear of injuries and have good morale then t here is no reason they cant play 50+ games per season...

I agree, although it is rare to find players with the right attributes to play and play and play.

Chris Cohen for Forest has played 46 games a season for me, for 3 straight seasons now without an injury. :) But others flake rapidly ..

Archived