Possible New Addition for FM

An idea I've had a while, which is where when you create your manager you could have the opportunity to create your own "face" on the game. They could easily use the facegen stuff for this I feel, and choose down templates like on Character Creators on other video games (such as Face, Hair, Face Roundedness etc).

For myself I think this would be a nice addition, as a large part of why I love FM is because of the stories I can create out of the game, and I feel that it can be hard to have these stories when all you have is a black silhouette of a person, I think that if you could create the face (similar to how the players look) then it'd be a good addition.

Any thoughts? :)

Regardless my second point stands. You should be able to open Facegen and play around with it. Perhaps if a regen comes through and looks moronic you should be able to "regenerate" his face (only at the beginning).

I imagine that might cost SI another big lump of money though.

Surely not a great deal. It is only providing us with fairly simple tools?

I wouldn't know but SI don't create the FaceGen software. So they would need to fork out on another license to use it... I think. I could be wrong though.

I wouldn't know but SI don't create the FaceGen software. So they would need to fork out on another license to use it... I think. I could be wrong though.

You are quite correct. Having been on OOTPs beta team a couple years ago, we made this very suggestion. The user-controlled face creator is a seperate app, aand needs it's own license. I looked into it, and for home use alone, it was over $500 at the time...I don't know what the commercial license was/is, but if they want $500 just so I can play around with making my own faces, Lord knows what the want if you plan to redistribute it...

Having said that, OOTP has a button on a player's page that allows the user to regenerate a facegen. The user can't input any of the variables, but you can press the <blinking> button as many times as you like...

Archived