Please can someone help?

Im still encountering problems with my FM09 game...

The game has been installed through Steam and the code activated etc, no problems there.

I then made the shortcut open in a window, again no problems.

The game loaded fine without any real problems, which was fine but I wanted to change the skin. However, and this is where my problem started, I edited one of the .fmf files using notepad and ever since I have done that, the logo for the fmf file has changed.

Also now whenever you load up the game, you get the initial adverts that come up everytime you load the game, but after the last one instead of going to the game menu (new game, load saved game etc) it takes you to a black screen.... and when you click the red cross on the window it brings up the cannot load font: vera error message which quite a few other people have been getting after looking at older posts, I have also tried all the tricks they were asked to do to get the game working again but without any success.

I have since tried deleting the game, deleting all local content, and any folders/subfolders linked to the game. I have also gone into the regedit function and followed the instructions that this site suggested to complete the full un-install of the game. But when it re-installs the logo for the fmf files still comes up as a notebad symbol not what they were before. This may or may not actually be connected with the problem I am having, but it might be linked so I thought I would mention it.

Please can someone help? I really want to play FM09.... :(

The only thing I can think of is you must have changed the program that opens .fmf files on your PC so that now all .fmf files are opened by and associated with notepad. I think you change it via the folder options in control panel.

Nope I messed up the way to put the skin into the file the first time and tried to do it via notepad thats why I had to delete the game and try to re-install it.

But yeah I think the problem is that now my computer tries to open every fmf file in notepad. How can I change this? I need it back to normal.... :(

Yes it does appear on the list.... and it keeps trying to open with notepad.

I have deleted it from the list, and now the files have gone back to normal. Do you think that was the problem as to why the vera fault kept appearing?

I am halfway through a fresh install of the game via Steam so fingers crossed.... just wondered if the faulty .fmf files would cause the game to crash where it was or not.

There is a fonts.fmf files in the data folder, so i'm assuming (again) that it was attempting to open it in notepad because of the association you made with .fmf files rather than allowing FM09 to open it. This would cause crashes,yes.

Well, the .fmf files are back to normal but the game gets to the same place and then doesnt go onto the main game screen. :(

Im at a loss now as to what to do next.....

Did not find font resource: vera - thats the error message I keep getting when trying to load the game. However the font file is in the folder, and is displayed as all the other .fmf files are....

Archived