To many Players with no Contracts?

at the end of each season i find there are way to many good players with no contracts that can be signed on free transfers, iv basicly gone and got 14 players all on free transfers and there are tons id like to have but eaither wage budget or club rep has stopped me, does any one else think there are to many players with no contracts that can be signed way to easy?

Well, yes and no.

Obviously if your a decent Championship side, newly promoted to the Premiership or an underdog, it's helpful as you've an opportunity to strengthen your squad without busting the bank.

The downside is as far as realism goes. In one of my saves, at the end of the first season Man Utd released Ryan Giggs. During that season he'd played in over 30 games and rated over 7.00 on average. Now if that wasn't unrealistic enough, you would expect a long queue of clubs desperate to sign him. Well, after six months of the second season, not a single club was even interested in him, let alone offered him a contract. He then retired completely and isn't even listed as staff now in that save.

Unfortunately for me, I was Altrincham and had just gained promotion from the BSP. Repeated efforts to sign Giggsy were rebuffed. He would have been great there too lol! ;)

yeah i very often buy way too many on a free transfer, usually strikers. but honestly i dont see the problem if it was the case, it makes it possible for smaller clubs to get good players if their transfer budget is low

f.ex. 90% of my transfers when i was in leyton orient were free and i made it up 2 divisions in 4 years so im not complaining ;)

Archived