and the winner of the golden boot is...

i am chelsea, fm08, in my first season. i am doing a reasonable job. nothing great. top of the league (only by a point) into the 2nd round of the CL (doubt i'll get very far) and barely in the cup (i use it more as a training for the youngsters). so an average season for chelsea it would seem.

but no

my top goalscorer is didier drogba with 13 goals in all comps. not a lot, but thats because my goals are quite evenly spread out, im actually the 2nd highest scoring team behind man utd.

the interesting thing is that my second highest goalscorer is john terry. 8 in the league and 2 in the CL. none of these from penalties, but all, i think, from corners!

(its january)

im sure you guys have some more interesting high goalscorers, but just thought this was kind of funny.

please share!

Theres a corner bug in FM09 9.3.0 that means players can score a lot from corners. Is he set to challenge keeper?

He's playing 08.

It's a problem within the ME that they've not been able to solve yet. Some players can end up scoring 20-30 odd goals a season from it.

It just seems to be the combination of overall physical stats, heading & jumping, height and the flaw in the FM08 match engine and (still not fixed properly) in the FM09 match engine.

I decided to have a little fun with it in FM08 and started a mess-about edited save once before. I made my centre-backs eight feet tall along with jumping and heading at 20 each. Mixed with wide tactics that generated a lot of corners, I think about 70% of all my goals came from my centre-backs :D

Hope they do get it sorted for FM10 though, or at least balance things a little better. By that I mean that they don't kill it altogether, as they seem to have done with the effectiveness of the AMC position, regardless of who you play there and whatever "sensible" settings you use.

Archived