FM09 installs but doesn't play MAC

I have a Macbook Pro and I bought FM09 and it played for a while until it asked me to enter the activation code. I did but it didn't recognise it so I uninstalled everything (all files) and installed again. Since then the game quits before it loads. I need help!!! Installs fine but quits on exe. Does any mac user have this problem and how do fix it???

I have a Macbook Pro and I bought FM09 and it played for a while until it asked me to enter the activation code. I did but it didn't recognise it so I uninstalled everything (all files) and installed again. Since then the game quits before it loads. I need help!!! Installs fine but quits on exe. Does any mac user have this problem and how do fix it???

Input the code again into this site http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ and it will tell you if you have the right code. A lot of people have had difficulty with this because its diffficult to make out the difference between the letter I and the number 1 and the letter O and the number 0 because of the font that they have chosen.

You should also make sure that your computer meets the minimum specs:-

OSX 10.5.5

Nvidia Geforce 7300 or ATI x1600 radion graphics card or above

1GB Ram.

You should also make sure that you have the latest versions of both directx and java.

The game runs on my macbook without even requiring a activation code...

Its been like that since the game was launched only problem being that the screen cracked on my mac, so Im having to find something else to play the game on now, which sucks!:(

I'm having the same problem. I have previously been able to play FM 2009 on my MacBook Pro, OSX 10.5.6, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM. During the installation of the 9.3 patch it went wrong. I then uninstalled the game by deleting the folders in Applications and Documents and re-installed the whole game. I'm not even able to start the game without any paches??? Does anybody know where the problem is???

I'm having the same problem. I have previously been able to play FM 2009 on my MacBook Pro' date=' OSX 10.5.6, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM. During the installation of the 9.3 patch it went wrong. I then uninstalled the game by deleting the folders in Applications and Documents and re-installed the whole game. I'm not even able to start the game without any paches??? Does anybody know where the problem is???[/quote']

That's the exact thing thats happened to me. I'm going to get my mates copy and install it and see if the same thing happens. I'll let you know.

Dude I finally worked out how to fix the problem. Download the 9.03 patch again, open and drag it into the the FM09 folder. It it a few goes cause I was putting it into the wrong folder. To be honest I forgot which one cause I was concentrating on the tele but I'm pretty sure I opened the patch straight into the main "Football Manager 2009" folder. Let me know how you go.

Archived