Duration Of AI Club Bankruptcies

I figure it's about time to report on a situation I've been watching for a while; I've got a game going in 2019/20 where Derby County have been bankrupt continuously since 2012/13. Despite the bankruptcy they've now managed to regain their Championship place, having won automatic promotion from League 2 in 2016/17 and from League 1 in 2018/19, but are playing in a Pride Park whose capacity is now just 2737.

I understand that teams can't be made to go bust and be removed from the game for legal and practical reasons, but surely a team that goes bankrupt and never gets taken over shouldn't be able to win two promotions in three years with no money, and should just fall out of the league system altogether?

I think teams only lose points the season they go into admin, so staying in thereafter doesn't mean they'll be getting points deductions after that.

What confuses me somewhat more on this is when teams go into admin, and about 2 weeks later are back solvent. Liverpool went in after january, so didn't have to sell anyone, and come the next pre-season (with no takeover) had money for transfer again and were debt free although they still went down so justice was done in some ways.

Indeed, though the problem is more that the real administrators do far more than their in-game counterparts do, so normally a team does resolve its immediate cash-flow problems but ends up with no players, no staff and instant relegation; the game instead allows a team to bump along bringing guys in on loan and shutting bits of the ground without dealing with the root causes or actively searching for new owners.

in my game 12 teams is bankrupt from England, Scotland and Norway. non top tier or second tier

how do you know this? is there a way to find out or did you just take note and go messages?

Currently in 2035/2036 season with Southampton in the Blue Square Prem, the club have been bankrupt for over 10 years (have been keeping an eye on them) then decided to add manager at them.

The ground capacity is now around 13,000 and the loan debt is over 30m+.

Being at this level I am never going to claw that money back.

Do I just stay as a bankrupt club until some sort of takeover happens?

seems as though a takeover for that amountb of money in that league is unlikly, i think the club will just fade away but maybe in seasons to come it might come back on the rise after the debt has been cleared but i cant see it happeneing.

how do you know this? is there a way to find out or did you just take note and go messages?

If you go to job security you can sort the teams after how good their finances are and just count how many is bankrupt.

Archived