Is it cheating for you ?

i dont think it will work

i did it to my aston villa players such as drenthe, love and elano before i went to chelsea

they signed there contracts and i still couldnt see there release clause

plus there release clause was reasonable i.e. drenthe's value was £13 million i put his release clause £17.5 million so i dont think it will work as the caretaker manager or assistant will make them sign new contracts

but it might work becuase i might of done something wrong

Not really, in that situation you have decided they are not good enough for you but you rated them very highly when you first got them. So you want to cash in and you feel they turned out bad and give them the chance to play elsewhere but just in case they develop a bit later in their carear you can bring them back easily.

At no point are you making your best players sign a contract with a stupidly low release clause, moving club and hoping no one else noticed the amounts needed first. In real life the player is unlikely to sign such a contract let alone the board veto-ing it and you would be investigated for some rather dodgy dealings so its clearly cheating.

It isn't cheating, there is no rule against it.

It is just exploiting an advantage.

There's no rule against taking over rival clubs and selling all their players for nothing.

This is still considered as cheating, as is what was suggested in the opening post.

There's no rule against taking over rival clubs and selling all their players for nothing.

This is still considered as cheating, as is what was suggested in the opening post.

but in that case you take control of another team to cheat, in THIS case I just offer my current players a new contract

but in that case you take control of another team to cheat, in THIS case I just offer my current players a new contract

Yes you are only offering them a new contract but you are intentionally giving them a low release clause so you can buy them when you leave for another club.

It would never happen in real life and this game is all about trying to make it as close to real life as possible.

I would not do it as I would feel as if I had cheated

I'll offer new contracts to my star players in Inter with release clause before going to Chelsea, is it cheating for you ?

( not a "should I" thread, I'm gonna do that no matter what, just wanna know your opinions :) )

It is up to you to decide if you are cheating or not and it is up to you how you play the game. But I would say it isn't cheating, you are sympally taking advantadge of the game.

Archived