3 match ban for 10 yellow cards

I don't know if this belongs in the bugs forum but I'll try here first.

My center half has been given a 3 match ban for accumulating 10 yellow cards in the EPL. It says in the league rules it should only be 2. What's going on?

Has anyone seen this before?

Also, on a slightly less important but still annoying point, I conceded a penalty for obstruction. I thought it was supposed to be an indirect free kick. IRL most refs don't know the rules so perhaps this is added realism...

What were the "situations" of the obstruction?

A foul within the penalty area is a penalty. Backpasses are of course in-direct freekicks. So yes, obstruction would normally be a penalty.

I am a referee myself ;)

Isn't an obstruction technically not a foul though? Seem to remember hearing that.

What were the "situations" of the obstruction?

A foul within the penalty area is a penalty. Backpasses are of course in-direct freekicks. So yes, obstruction would normally be a penalty.

I am a referee myself ;)

An obstruction ANYWHERE on the pitch leads to an in-direct free kick!

Some Ref you are ;)

"An indirect free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if, in the

opinion of the referee, a player:

• plays in a dangerous manner

• impedes the progress of an opponent

• prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands

• commits any other offence, not previously mentioned in Law 12,

for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player

The indirect free kick is taken from the place where the offence

occurred (see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick)."

Well, it seems to me that our tutor was rubbish then as we always got told it was a penalty :p But in most cases it would qualify for a penalty because 9 times out of 10 it would involve holding, kicking or something else of that matter.

(Also want to add, that I have been recommended my several people for the good refereeing that I did. So stuff that up your pie hole ;):p)

EDIT: also depends if it was denying a goalscoring opportunity.

Referees do get ratings and errors are mentioned for them as well so just check what his rating was for the match, if it's low, he probably did mess up.

I think you may have a point. The referee was none other than Mr. Stuart Attwell. If he can give phantom goals I'm sure phantom penalties are in his repatoir.

3 thumbs up for realism SI !!!

Did your player get 2 yellow cards in the game before his suspension?

Nope. He picked up 3 bookings in his last 4 games before suspension but he hasn't been sent off all season. His CB partner, Rusol, has just picked up his 15th yellow of the season and has correctly been banned for 3 games (infact he got a 6 match ban because he DID get a red in his last game before suspension for violent elbow conduct, the numbskull).

Here are some screens showing Fabricio's no. of yellow cards

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/nelsonmcjones/FabProfile.jpg

and subsequent suspension.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/nelsonmcjones/FabForm.jpg

It makes no sense to me...

I had a guy get a 3 game suspension in the U18's for his first red for my club, although he might have got one in the season for Southampton his previous club, then it was raised to 5 games. It was a 2 footed tackle with studs showing, but no one got injured. :confused:

Archived