Substitutions during attacking play phases - hope this is not a bug!

Just an observation made over many hours of FM09 play.

a/ If make a substitution during my own attacking phase of play the action contnues from beyond that point ie that attack without fail is not an "extended highlight" sequence and that means not a goalscoring chance situation!

b/ If I make a sub during the AI's attacking phase the sequence is always shown and is a "goalscoring chance"

Discuss....

If you want to believe what SI have said on these forums before, the match engine sees no difference between player-controlled teams and AI-controlled teams, so there's no distinction between the two in terms of calculating match events. What you're proposing would under those circumstances be impossible, so I'd say that this is in all likelihood just perceived patterns in something that's really completely random.

When you pause the game for a substitution after a chance is cleared - for, let's say, a throw-in - sometimes when you come back and press play, it's a goal - either to you or to the other team.

The frustating thing is seeing the game freeze (in 3d) and the computer continuing play after it, with the substitution button becoming available again... but we can't do anything about the play or the substitution already made.

Might not be that clear to most lolol!

Archived