football manager 2009 has run out of memory and will now quit

Hmm, I would have thought that 2GB would be well enough.

How many leagues are you running and what programs do you run (if any) at the same time?

Well I play two active leagues but have a larges data base with all the major leagers

do not run anything but steam.

well there might be a lot of programs running in the background

Hi, I have the same problem i bought a 3gb ram laptop with 300 gigabytes hard drive...anyways to the point, i got 4 active leagus the spanish first division second and second b, and then a medium database but i got in the middle of january when i want to continue next day the error of run out of memory and it quits the game? Whats the solution to this problem, i increaded the virtual memory and still no go, what solutions do i have keeping my saved game

I would gladly appreciate the help!

Increasing your virtual memory paging file within windows may help this problem.

I believe i increased virtual memory already, but i do not understand when you say virtual memory paging file within windows?? can you please give me an idea how to get their to increase?

I would gladly appreciate it

Right-click My Computer -> Advanced System Settings -> Performance Settings -> Advanced -> Change Virtual Memory.

It says an inital and a max amount?

My laptop is 3 gb ram, 2,4 ghz intel core duo

what should i put for inital and max amount ( i have vista) right now i have 2400 initial and 4600 max

thanks again for the help i appreciate it!

no luck i raised the initial to 3200 and max to 4400 still have the same problem? i thank you all for responding and helping me with this issue

i hope this problem can get fixed because i put alot of time in this league and now i dont want to start another one just incase i get the same problem? there has to be a solution to this its sad that this happens

Any other ideas...is there a program that cleans the junk of a saved game like i read before about history of players and such....

homersimpson (started the thread) here again "nice" too see that someone else have the same problem but...

I've already tested the tips you written above, change virtual memory and used cc cleaner (which normally is the best pgm ever) but.... still nu luck

If you have any more tips please please write it here

And to the guy who have the same problem if you ever manage to solve the problem please write how you managed, you know the feeling....

Swizz, you said you were running FM through steam. Go into the steam file and create a shortcut to the desktop from the .exe. This way steam dosent need to be open and you can close it when the computer boots.

It might help, it might not, but you never know.

Frankly, Steam is a steaming pile of....

Swizz, you said you were running FM through steam. Go into the steam file and create a shortcut to the desktop from the .exe. This way steam dosent need to be open and you can close it when the computer boots.

It might help, it might not, but you never know.

Frankly, Steam is a steaming pile of....

Thanks for the tip but already tried that too Getting panic here now:) help

might be worth checking for viruses, some of these cause programs to 'expand' and cause you to run out of memory.

My thoughts exactly, I have a hunch that the poor lads PC is more infected than a 19th century lady of the night.

First of all i would like to give thanks to everyone that is giving ideas to try to resolve this problem, i greatly appreciate it!

I dont have Steam running, when the game crashes due to virtual memory it suddenly happend while i was playing in 2016 i continued to the next day and error! so i restarted thinking it was just a lil problem opened my saved game and continued a few days just before the day that it crashed before and saved it. I then proceded to continue and same problem. Right now i have the game saved the day before it gives me the virtual error problem and i wont be able to keep my game going untill i fix this.

i spoke with a computer technician and asked me how much ram i have i said 3gb and he was astonished i was getting this problem, he told me to put as initial virtual memory 3000 and as maximum 9000. He said usually you multiply the gigs of ram x 3 (my case 3gbram x 3 = 9000) So i will try that out when i get a chance, see what happens!

I will aslo do the CC Cleaner just incase

Apart from firefox.exe which im using now and dont use when i play FM2009, the next task that eats the most out of my PC is ¨dwm.exe´(61.392kb), i do have FM2009 top priority as well.

Thanks again everyone for the help and also hope solve this problem because it is a pain, because make sme think twice of starting a new game!!!!

Archived