Board takeover at Man Utd

Something just came up, got the following news idea with heading:

Man Utd chairman looking to step aside

The chairman of League champions Manchester United, David Gill, could step down sooner rather than later, according to a local newspaper.

It is rumoured that Gill is looking to relinquish control of the club, allowing another member of the board to take his place.

Ok anyone know if my players will get sold? I have not had this in FM2008 since like the CM days, also my club are 8 million in the red with the clubs balance. Is that something to do with it?

The chairman of League champions Manchester United, David Gill, could step down sooner rather than later, according to a local newspaper.

It is rumoured that Gill is looking to relinquish control of the club, allowing another member of the board to take his place.

Ok anyone know if my players will get sold? I have not had this in FM2008 since like the CM days, also my club are 8 million in the red with the clubs balance. Is that something to do with it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rfcabd:

There is a large possibility that you will get sacked if a new board takeover your club. Not always, but most times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you joking?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rfcabd:

There is a large possibility that you will get sacked if a new board takeover your club. Not always, but most times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you joking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No sir. I don't know of this young whippersnapper speak called "Humour".

From my past experiences, it's only ever speculation and nothing comes of it. Except once, Celtic got taken over.

...They went through 8 managers that season and finished 3rd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

Ok anyone know if my players will get sold? I have not had this in FM2008 since like the CM days, also my club are 8 million in the red with the clubs balance. Is that something to do with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happened in one of my games. Martin Edwards took over and I was not sacked.

this happened on my arsenal save it just means another of your current board members are going to take his job not a new guy. so the likelyhood is that if your board are currently happy with you then you wont get sacked.

I did the Bootroom challenge to use the editor to get as many EPL managers sacked in a season as possible.

I made the MU manager and chairman hate each other. Att he end of the season the manager was sacked, and a few days later the chairman went too! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived