becoming a british citizen

it depends, has he already played for brazil? even if he's played at youth level then he can't play for england

if not then he can, but only if he wants to, its up to him really, im not 100% sure if theres anything u as the manager can do to encourage him to

EDIT: damn u steve j10 :p u beat me to it

it depends, has he already played for brazil? even if he's played at youth level then he can't play for england

if not then he can, but only if he wants to, its up to him really, im not 100% sure if theres anything u as the manager can do to encourage him to

EDIT: damn u steve j10 :p u beat me to it

I think he can stil be eligible, i am not sure youth caps count, but if he has played at the Olympics i think that counts as competitive internationals, so I am stuck on the matter, I am pretty sure Youth Caps are not counted.

I think it is very rare that Keirrison becomes eligible for any other country on anybody's games as he usually gets his first cap within the first season.

Of course, his first cap could be delayed for a few years with a few broken legs ;)

If the game is completely realistic then he won't be able to play for England, as the Home Nation FAs have a gentleman's agreement that players can only qualify to play for a country by birthplace or bloodlines, and not through residency.

There is a problem with the news stories here. I am England manager and constantly get told that players have taken British nationality and want to play for England. Unfortunately, er, they don't - they're "Declared for nation" already. Of at least 20 players I've had this news article about, only one, Carlos Cuellar, is actually selectable. (Of course, I'm not selecting him!)

fmo8

had english spain and brazil leagues on

had a youngster from brazil join my torquay side at age 18

there he stayed for about 14 years

left back for torquay and left back for england (was also england manager at that time)

ammassed about 80 caps over 9 years with england

note when i signed him brazil had about 10 left baks of pretty good quality and i only started playing him for torquay at age 21

it can be done be just be aware if hes good enough and his country call him up nad play him your dream is over

Archived